You can type here any text you want

Speedway uppers alignment problems.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Steve V

Steve V's Automotive 757 560 2782
I have both rights installed on my T. All shims removed and I can not get enough caster or camber. Camber is about -.3 and caster.8 both sides are very close. I used the exact same setup on my GN in the spring with no issues at all. Here are some comparison pics. Speak up if something looks out of place. Thanks!
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1381882625678.jpg
    1381882625678.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 218
  • 1381882649865.jpg
    1381882649865.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 217
  • 1381882672526.jpg
    1381882672526.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 1381882685428.jpg
    1381882685428.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 216
Rubber brake lines are the T. Braided are the GN with no issues.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just the man I was lookin for :) yes the pics with rubber brake hoses have no shims at all.

G body frames aren't exactly perfect from one to another which is a major issue Steve. I'm guessing you went with the 8" long arms? The stock ones are 8.4" long and using a shorter than stock arm would cause this exact issue.

Damn ok I will order some long ones. Why are we recommended to order to rights?

If you're using all stock ball joints, no. If you go with taller ones top and bottom the stock ones will work better. Just like when you go with a B body spindle you need a longer upper arm.

The big question is exactly which parts did Steve use for ball joints? Did you just change the upper arms with everything else stock?

PM me your number Steve. It's raining here right now so my signal sucks but this may be easier to talk.;)

I went with all stock ball joints on this car, stock spindles. Reason I went for tubular was bolts where spinning in the frame and I could easily get both ends with tubular.

I put G-body ones on with the stock ball joint,they used half of the shims used with stock ones.Fit was ok ,little tighter on driver side rear.I dont like how when you jack it up on the frame or put on a lift ,the arms rest on the outside of frame.

Attachments

• IMG_20131002_184538_734.jpg
    IMG_20131002_184538_734.jpg
    926.2 KB · Views: 130
I went with all stock ball joints on this car, stock spindles. Reason I went for tubular was bolts where spinning in the frame and I could easily get both ends with tubular.

How are you measuring the caster and camber Steve? This may get involved and that's why I wanted to call you.;)

Charlie I will PM my number. I am using computerized machine at my work(GM dealership). I can upload the print outs if you want.

I should point out I am not comparing apple to apples on my cars as my GN has 1 inch taller lower ball joints and S10 brake conversion. Maybe I just got lucky with it and I am learning on this one:)

A print out would help Steve. Did you get an SAI measurement at the same time? That will help figure out what's going on.

Here you go no sai.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

Attachments

• 1381949750526.jpg
    1381949750526.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 119
Tried calling but figure you're at work now. From those readings it looks like the arms are to short but without an SAI reading I won't know if something else is wrong.

Computers are good cause they save stuff..

Left 7.5 cross .8 Right 6.7

Got you voicemail, yes I am busy we will talk later. Thanks a bunch though. :)

You've got something bent Steve. The SAI should be less than .5 difference. We'll talk later tonight when you're free.;)

I have the spindles off my GN which I KNOW are not bent so I will install them with the longer arms over the weekend.

Before you install the new arms look carefully at the lowers. It's a bit uncommon for the lowers to be damaged but it can happen and cause issues like this.

Back