You can type here any text you want

Spindle question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Everett's is cleaned out for this set-up. I got the last one for 107$ for the the whole shah-bang.

I'm waiting on a response from one of my dirt track friends with the info on an off the shelf ball joint that's longer. I know they're out there and the dirt track guys have used them before without reaming the holes out in the steering knuckles. I'll post up the info when I get it from him.:)

I'm waiting on a response from one of my dirt track friends with the info on an off the shelf ball joint that's longer. I know they're out there and the dirt track guys have used them before without reaming the holes out in the steering knuckles. I'll post up the info when I get it from him.:)

SC&C's Xtra tall ball joints on their stage 2 plus kit are the tallest for the stock spindles: SC&C Street-Comp Stage 2 Plus GM G-body `78-`88 with greaseable racing bushings | Savitske Classic & Custom

the stage 2 plus kit is the closest you'll get to the AFX kit. Its 670$. I put it on my car. You can see pictures in the E85 section for my build thread. You can see the design difference in the arm to help with caster and camber.

What I have found out so far is that the Howe's bend really easily according to the dirt track guys. You can also replace the stud if you need to and change the height of it to change the way it will work.

AFCO are the prefered ball joint though.

As far as an off the shelf ball joint goes you will need to ream the upper out to use the 78-86 chevy 1/2 ton upper ball joint but the lower is off the late 80's early 90's big GM cars like the caprice or Impalla. It is a direct swap for the lowers but only changes the spindle height by 3/8".

What I have found out so far is that the Howe's bend really easily according to the dirt track guys. You can also replace the stud if you need to and change the height of it to change the way it will work.

AFCO are the prefered ball joint though.

As far as an off the shelf ball joint goes you will need to ream the upper out to use the 78-86 chevy 1/2 ton upper ball joint but the lower is off the late 80's early 90's big GM cars like the caprice or Impalla. It is a direct swap for the lowers but only changes the spindle height by 3/8".

I could imagine the dirt track guys would bend these pretty easy. There's only so much rigidity to a small piece of metal. I gotta figure drag racing would take less of a toll on them comparably. But I haven't done any testing/talked to anyone.

How much height do you get out of the Afco or Proforged?

How much height do you get out of the Afco or Proforged?

By using the off the shelf parts you will gain 7/8" and by going with after market racing parts you can gain as much as 1.25". Most will gain a 1" difference off the after market ones Irv.

I want bolt in parts without having to ream out the uppers. I like the look of the Proforged ones. Anyone have them in their car?

By using the off the shelf parts you will gain 7/8" and by going with after market racing parts you can gain as much as 1.25". Most will gain a 1" difference off the after market ones Irv.

How much do the Howe's raise it? I didn't measure myself, and I already had PST's lower ball joints they offer in their kit on my LCA before I put the Howe's in.

From SCandC's site it says the Howe's "It also lowers the car .5”-.75” and moves the spindle and steering arm to a more favorable height radically improving the bumpsteer"

(that is with their SPC stage 2 arms as well)

I just found a bracket that will turn the blazer brake set-up to a C5 Vette caliper and rotor. So 13" brakes with dual pistons is available a lot cheaper than what Baer offers. If you bought everything brand new: 360$ for load Calipers at RockAuto, 175$ for two drilled and slotted rotors at BrakePerformance, and braided lines is probably 75$? If you include what I paid for my S10 set up, (107$) then you can have C5 Brakes for 700$ for almost everything brand new. This is the same as Baer's Track System at a hefty price tag of 1350$! Here is where I found the adapter: G-Body C5 Vette Frt Brakes w/ Blazer ZQ8 Spindles (w/ drawing) - LS1TECH. They also give you the drawing which you can hand to any machine shop I would imagine.

Zack

The afco site says they add 1/2". Anyone know the specs on the proforged or the ones the dirt track racers use?

Edit. Proforged says 1/2" too. So what does that height gain you? And im guessing thats what you lose in height, the 1/2"

Lowers lower the car a little more than .5" The Uppers don't do anything to height, but improve supension geometry.

Back