You can type here any text you want

spindles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Twin70BB

Is anybody using a lighter spindle in their cars.I`ve heard of fbody ones work but need other parts to work.

Tony

you'll need the 1st gen f-body spindles, steering arms, f-body upper ball joint, longer tie rod adjusters, probably a bump steer kit because the spot for the tie rod end on the steering arm is not tapered but 1/2" straight and you'd need f-body brakes. You'll save around 15lbs with the spindles swap plus whatever you'll save on the brakes if you're using stockers now.
see my thread a few down from this one.. I had TRZ do the spindles setup for spindle mount wheels/brakes

Where did you get the 1st gen F-body spindles from? Can u buy them new or refurbed?

thanks,

Bill

you should be able to get new spindles at any parts store. SSBC to my knowledge quit making them.. they weren't anything special but they did offer a 2" drop spindle. TRZ also sells their own custom built out of chromoly.

thanks. Deciding on what control arm and front brake set-up to go with and I def. want tp drop as much weight as possible.

The trz stuff is nice but pricey compared to the Gbody arms.

I assume the moly spindles are around 600 from trz?

if you plan on drag racing the TRZ arms cant be beat.. the caster they put in them is designed for drag racing and you wont get those amounts from any others a-arms. Thats what makes the car easy to drive and straight as an arrow over 100mph. Yes the spindles list at $595.

If interested in prices shoot me a pm

Back