Spohn upper a arms question

Gonna update this, since I'm experiencing the same issue. I have Spohn uppers and lowers, all are stock replacements just as the Gbody. Spohn told me that the cross brace can be spun around if needed. Now that I look at it, this should do the trick, requiring minimal spacers. I'm sure this is common, they could have included instructions to point this out for regal owners. Kinda ticked off about this.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I ended up going with a set of PA racing tubular arms. He cut down the uppers 1 inch shorter which eliminated the shim packs.

The driver side upper control arm mount was welded 1/2 inch off location which was contributing as well.

So were the arms off that much, or frame issue? You said your frame was good though, right?

One side of the frame was off. But both sides needed a bunch of shim. Seems like that is the case with most GNs.

I see. If i support the front of the car under the arms, tires off, i should be able to loosen the control arms and rotate the cross brace?

If it were me, I would put jack under lower control arm, remove wheel, take upper ball joint loose, lower jack some to take tension off the upper arm, then take that apart and rotate the brace.

Ill give that a shot. I'd rather not drive it as is to an alignment shop, which is what Spohn suggested.

old post, but can someone post a pic of the "cross brace" which was rotated? I am looking at installing a set of Spohn UCA.
Thank you.
-B

The bar that mounts to the frame, aluminum. It's clearanced on one side to fit against frame ears correctly