Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1407949689280.jpg
    1407949689280.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 157
  • 1407949715158.jpg
    1407949715158.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 162
That isn't gonna keep me from driving haha, this fix will be ok until I'm ready for va or stock ha unit.

Attachments

• 1407957500133.jpg
    1407957500133.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 1407957539579.jpg
    1407957539579.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 156
i had v band connections welded to my pipe. the slip joint allowed enough movement to make contact with the frame in my car.. also by extending the top section and shortening the lower section made removal and install better.
downpipe.jpg

one other note ... new evaporator core is no longer available to maintain stock A/C i have spent weeks looking..

Thanks for the info Bob. It sucks the way everything is getting discontinued.

Rudy,

I have my GN here with me today and would like to help to investigate the issue. I know my box is a true hot air box, and also thought that the boxes were all the same...except the addition of the metal shield. Should we take some measurements on yours to compare? Here are my measurements. Looks to be 17" on the top cover width, 7" depth

Toby you have a turbo a/c heater box and a 3 inch DP should fit fine in your car.

All I can say is with this N/A box it was a pain in the ass installing the DP, but I managed to install it. It touches the frame but its because my a/c box hit it a little at the bottom. I also installed my trans cooler lines, just waiting on the adaptors for the gm cooler itself.
dp buick fit 048.jpg
dp buick fit 042.jpg

dp buick fit 043.jpg

New pipe meets old pipe, old pipe wont be there for long haha!
dp buick fit 045.jpg

you definately have the right idea with using the flex lines for the cooler, the steel ones are a pia

you definately have the right idea with using the flex lines for the cooler, the steel ones are a pia

Im going to use a gm style remote cooler, and am not going to run it through the cooler on radiator. I ran the lines through the frame so as not to heat them up with the passenger header.

I ran my lines towards the rear to the crossmember secured them on top of crossmember then foward throught the frame. keeps them away from down pipe

No, added a vband while your at it and get rid of that cheap clamp

I guess a 90 degree fitting at the trans should do the trick, since I've got plenty of line to do it.

The way I solved the fitup pb. was to have ~.250" milled off the face of the flange that
mates up to the turbo. It worked out just fine, with clearance for the heater box & frame.
I did this on both my cars and it worked equally well on both.