You can type here any text you want

Spotted 87 GN w/ GNX rims in Thomasville, NC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NCTyphoon

I spied an 87 GN w/ GNX rims at Walmart in Thomasville mid morning today. (No it wasn't Sam)I talked to the owners wife, she said she was under strict orders not to scratch the car, so it was parked waaay out near the lawn and garden entrance. I think this is the same one that Pat & I ran down at Arby's one evening in my Typhoon. I told your wife I would post here, so step on up! We need more owners to venture out with their cars in the area!

gns for sale

Cheryl, have you seen any GN's for sale in yards, lots, etc in your area?? I am looking.
Thanks,
Jason

'92 mustang lx convert.

Jason,
There is an 85 I think that was for sale, not sure if it still is for sale located on Hwy 311 South (right side, at a house) in Archdale. It is about a mile south of Lowe's Foods, just past the street where Sam lives...Dang what directions, kinda like turn left bedside where the store used to be. Any way , I don't remember what the name of the street just before the house is, except that their is like an old reupholstery shop on the corner of that street. I think Sam(BarnesGN) looked at it, if I talk to him this weekend I'll ask. The car was still there about a week ago.

It's about 200 yards from my house and it is an 85 hot air car.

The car looks good but I have not yet checked it out. Guess I'm lazy. :D

Went and talked to the guy tonight (11-4) about the car.

It is an 84 GN t-top with the lear segler leather seats it has 71k and is all stock. It is very nice both inside and out, car has been repainted the job is excellent. Engine sounded good with no noticeable problems.

I rate it an 8.5

Bad news is he wants at least 10k but he is flexible.

thanks

Thank you all for the help. I belive I may have found a '86GN with 78k miles that is stock. It is a hard top, but has bad trans. and oil pump went out. I am trying to work out a trade for my 92 stang convert. It is a friend of mines car and is perfect excet for the drivetrain. If I rebuilt, the engine with mild HP parts and possibly a bigger turbo and built the trans. who could I get to do the work that is knowledgble about these cars. I want a trouble free street/ strip car that can run around low 7's in the eighth mile and can be driven anywhere. I live in Asheboro. Where would be the closest place and who?

Bill kendrick of Asheboro has rebuilt several tranmissions and isn't pricey.

If the oil pump went out then you really need to look at the crank by taking the pan off unless it's a real good deal.

Where is this car located at?

If you look at my signature you can get an idea of what you'll need to go in the 7's. Basically stock with a few bolt ons.

If you want to learn about these cars before jumping in and buying one be over at cheryl's on the 12th. Pat will be there :D

Bill Kendrick

I'll have to second the advice on getting the trans done by Bill Kendrick. He's really good and inexpensive.

thanks

Thanks for the advice. Who is bill kendrick?? Does he have a shop or does it on the side. If I get the car, it will be well worth it, even if the turbo is bad. it seems like if the oil pump locked up, it would damage the turbo as well. Doesn't the the oil from the engine help keep the bearings cool and lubed? I am figuring on a total rebuild, new trans, and bigger turbo. Is there any engine parts that are hard to find?
Also, if you all will allow me to attend your next meeting, i will try very hard, but will probably be driving a stang.lol. You all have been helpful. Look forward meeting you all. Finally, is Turbo Tunes in Greensboro good??
Thanks,
Jason
'92 LX Convert.
'86 GT

thanks again

Cheryl,
Thanks for the invite to your gathering. I hope I can make it. It sounds like fun. I will have to check my schedule at work to see if I can make it. I sure hope I can so I can meet you all. You all are very nice and informative. I feel right at home.

Thanks again,
Jason
'92 lx vert.
'86GT

The Buick GURU

BarnesGN said:
If you look at my signature you can get an idea of what you'll need to go in the 7's. Basically stock with a few bolt ons.

If you want to learn about these cars before jumping in and buying one be over at cheryl's on the 12th. Pat will be there :D

I don't want to sound concieted, But i'm not the one who is jealous :) there seems to be a trend going one when i mod my car somebody else mods theirs too :D

Also if you want to run mid 7 second passes in the 1/8 @ mild boost 19 psi look in the sig below :)

How much and who??

Thanks for all the input guys. IF I needed the engine rebuilt, new turbo, and a new trans., how much would it cost to build and who would be good to do it around Piedmont area. I would like it to be very streetable, but able to run at the worst low 7's in 1/8 mile . Thanks
Jason

I would guess 7000 should cover all the necessary rebuilds needed to run low 7's.

1000 intercooler
800 turbo
750 converter
700 trans rebuild
250 injectors
50 chip if you're lucky
2500 engine rebuild head work, flat cam, build, machine work
1000 other stuff exhuast, suspension, tires, minor maintenance

Wow that's 7050 and we didn't get into the maf/ chip issues.

Is this car located near tabernacle\hoover hill rd?

lol

Hey Sam

Who's car 60 fts in the low 1.60 @ 8 psi on the foot brake:) i have been some 1.80's on street tires too @3-4 psi on foot brake. I have the time slips

So i ask do i need it ??? I don't have a low 11 high 10's car i'm not looking for 1.50 60 fts

care to guess how much it made @ 20psi with 21 degrees of timing @ 85 degree air temp in the dyno bay?

There is somethings money can't buy Then there is knowledge Messing with you priceless

BarnesGN said:
I would guess 7000 should cover all the necessary rebuilds needed to run low 7's.

I would seriously doubt that it would take that much to run low 7's. There is a car in winston that has 34K on the clock, pt61, liquid I/C, msd 50's, Trans+, and with 110 sonoco and 23 psi I seen the car run 7.17. I would say that is Half the cost of the 7K...

GN at walmart

Hi Cherl,

I dont drive that car much. That was not me at Arby's. My friend has a GN with skinny front runners and M&H's. Might have been him (Scott) or Craig Taylor(plate reads warp6) Both live in the same area. I have seen you on Welborn Rd several times. Cant miss a TY.

My wife is the one that you met. I have terrible memories the day she drove my old GN (now sold) She was doing 45mph and went to pass a car on a 4 lane road, crossed it up right to left to right again and saved it without a scratch !!! Its been a joke, "dont scratch the paint"

PM or email me at jwest2@triad.rr.com

tarheel13 (Jason) The GN I have is for sale. I am located in Trinity. trying to get my money ready for a GNX.

Back