You can type here any text you want

Square Port Stage II Heads

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dereklola

IndyLights
All Stage II heads I've met so far had rectangular intake ports. Just came across some with square ports - supposedly Busch parts. What's the history, application, manifold requirements etc. Always willing to learn. Hopefully the pic will post.

Attachments

• Square Port .jpg
    Square Port .jpg
    27 KB · Views: 205
Im not sure,But they may be indy style heads,Someone else will chiime in with more knowledge on it

Those look much like a set that recently sold on eBay. I was wondering about those ports, too.

Art

My understanding is that square ports are Indy heads.

The Gallinas ran those type heads on their SS/DX car at one time, from what I hear.

Guy's,

You're right in thinking that the heads pictured are Indy heads. They were used at the end of the Indy program and designed to fit on the short deck Indy block that eventually evolved in the Menard engine when Buick lost interest in Indy. You are also correct in stating that the Gallinas ran Indy heads on their SSDX car for a while. Later on they went back to regular Stage II heads and the car actually went quicker and faster.

Neal

Grandnat said:
My understanding is that square ports are Indy heads.

The Gallinas ran those type heads on their SS/DX car at one time, from what I hear.

Back