You can type here any text you want

Srt-4

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

I eat Z06

The other day I was bored as sh*t. So my buddy and I decide to go test drive some cars. First stop of the day was at the local dodge dealership. Where we talked our way into driving an SRT. My buddy hops in the pass seat as I am in the driver. The salesman hopps in the back "I have to go with you". He also quoted "This thing is really fast", "it handles like no other", and "it stops on a dime". So I decided to see how correct he was. While getting myself ready to drive this little pos he claims "95% of the drivers cant put this car to its limits" and "I notice you have a quick car (STi), so I dont need to inform you how to drive this". I pull out of the dealership and head to the highway. Get on to the on ramp and punch it. I keep on the little red neon all the way up to 105mph. The salesman is squiggling around in the back very nervous, as my buddy is laughing. We come up to the exit ramp and I through it in neutral, waiting to brake untill the last moment. "See it has very nice brakes." I then get back on the highway and am doin around 90mph. I get off and there is a long sharp right hand 30mph curve for the exit ramp. I am pushing this car through the curve, squealing the tires. Then another lane is added on the right with a left hand turn then a traffic light. Well a semi is in the right lane around this turn, so I speed up and take the inside lane real fast, go in-front of the semi, drop the car to 2nd gear (w/o brakes) and fly around this right hand turn. Pull into the dealership with my buddy laughing histarically and the salesman saying that "you are in that 5% of people". I left, and didnt call them back.

Nick

I really did not like the car at all. I was very dissapointed on how hard it pulled on the highway. From all the post's I have read SRT vs. WRX the SRT pulls on the W up top. The SRT didnt have half the butt dyno power as my STi on the highway (closer comparason than GN).

Nick

dont you think its a great car for 10 grand less than the sti.

think of the power it would have if you spent that 10grand you were saving in mods.

I would have rather gotten a WRX for a little more than the SRT. The quality of the neon was sub-par, and the WRX is much safer. I think (personal suggestion) that for fun factor, quality, reliability, and driveability the STi is the best car on the market, so I would not have an SRT with 10G into it.

Nick

Not like you need to hear this, but when I have three full grown men in my SRT, you can definitely feel the car workin a little harder. Just doesn't pull the same. As far as quality goes, I havent been in a WRX but the STi I sat in was very stinkin nice. For 10k less, Dodge had to cut prices somewhere...at least I got my warranty! Nice car collection!

Different cars for different people. Glad you like yours. I just didnt get a great vibe from it. But for under 21 grand it is a good bang for the buck. The Autometer guage and shift knob were quite nice.

Nick

Thats funny you comment on the shift knob...I like mine and all, but there have been at least four threads started at srtforums where people have had their shift knobs just pop/fall/fly off...one I actually just read said the knob ended up in the back seat. Not sure these youngins know how to shift! :confused:

Oh and another thing, I was looking very strongly at the STi before the SRT, but the 10k less was the sell for me. I just graduated college and don't wanna jump into debt before I even pay off my student loans...perhaps down the road I'll use my SRT as a trade in for one of those, but until then...

I have heard that from some Subie people that test drove them. You would think that out of all the interior peices to reinforce, that would be pretty high on the list. 10g is a big difference in price when it is this low in thecar spectrum (20 v. 30 vs. 150 v. 140). I was blessed with my 03 being totalled, then parting it out, and getting a sweet deal on the STi.

Nick

I'm glad you could look at your car getting totalled as a blessing! Now thats positive thinking if I've ever heard it! Still not like I wouldn't get an STi if I could, but strangely there are a lot more of them in my town than SRTs. I see about two-three STis a week where I see maybe one SRT. Typically see more vipers...but GNs, those come along maybe once every six months, oye. I'll shut up.

Da*n! Where do you live? I wish I could see Vipers & STi's all over the place. Out here (MI) there are alot of SRT's. Now there are starting to get alot of WRX's. I have a feeling that the WRX (non STi) are going to be the next DSM (awd, turbo, 4 cyl, weak tranny, quick stock, huge aftermarket). We all know how many DSM's are runnin around.

Nick

yeah michigan i do not see many cars
i see countless SRT-4s and many WRX's but only 1 STi
only few vipers and 1 TTA that must live near me since i always see him around

how did the neon fit you? are you a tall person... are the cars designed for the shorter people rather... i am 6'1".. not looking to buy one but just wondering how it was on the inside since i only get the see the headlights in the rear mirror :cool:

oh and what is DSM i am unaware on what that stands for !

thanks

I live in central cali, seen a couple bentleys lately around here too. Hummers seem to have taken over my town, too many of them. I regularly see a red and silver viper on my way to or from work. A couple red ferarris too, one is old though, the other is a new 360 modena and its friggen awesome! Only seen it three times. Not many EVOs, only seen three of them. Vettes are everywhere too, probably half are z06s.

I was worried about the neon fit when I first sat in one. The dealer had the seat way up so first thing I could barely get in, hit my head on the roof, then on the ceiling when trying to scoot the seat back. Not a good start, but once adjusted it worked good. I'm not too tall, 5'11" 215ish. The viper seats were a little confining, I ended up getting side airbags though so no viper seats, I could really care less though. Fun car, good tymes!

oh and DSM = Diamond Star Motors (i.e. eclipse, talon)

Originally posted by I eat Z06
I would have rather gotten a WRX for a little more than the SRT. The quality of the neon was sub-par, and the WRX is much safer. I think (personal suggestion) that for fun factor, quality, reliability, and driveability the STi is the best car on the market, so I would not have an SRT with 10G into it.

Nick

You are right about this. In two years that SRT4 will have little to no resale value. I was suprise that I did not loose my ass on my WRX. It's a great car ,and it handled well in the snow. I like the SRT's ,and I almost bought one ,but I was thinking resale value.

F*ck you! I wanna see them awsome cars on a daily basis. But, I dont. A DSM is short for Diamond Star Motors or "turbo talon, eclipse or lazer". BTW our family owns a 1998 Hummer. Not the H2 bs. Sorry for the negativity. I do like bang for the buck. Which the SRT is, but I am not a fan of the SRT. I have respect for its #'s but not for the car.

Nick

Hey Nick, what's a good place to find some basic tech for Subie's? I just bought a new '04 Forester 2.5XT and need to find out what to do and what not to do. You know.. just the basics like how much boost can I run on 93 octane pump gas???

Thanks man. I'm taking it to the track this weekend for a bone stock shakedown, gonna see if it really runs 13's off the footbrake.

It's an auto. Launches nice off the foot brake at 7 PSI. My planned track day didn't happen yesterday due to rain. So I'm rescheduling for friday.

Do you think an auto will run quicker or slower than a manual?

Also, I was planning to use a bleed valve to turn the boost up a little bit. Right now it typically sees 9-10 PSI. I'm thinking 12PSI might be OK for 93 octane. Sound reasonable to you?

Back