You can type here any text you want

Stage 1 question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Intercooler

Will all the factory brackets and front cover from the production setup work on a Stage 1? Does it have to go dry-sump or wet-sump?

Jesse,

S2 Off-Center most all items bolt up. S2 On-Centers are a different story with intakes ETC.

Yes many are wet-sumps on S2, however it would require more machining of the block more $$ IMO. :D

there are a lot of wet-sump stage cars, i have been running a off-center motor with a modified 4.1 oil pan and a modified front cover from a 4.1 production motor , lee thompson made the oil pickup tube, i have 3 stage off-center 4.1 motors, never had any oiling problems in the six years that i have been running these motors, my motor is redlined at 7800 rpm. i have a weaver 3 stage dry system from a old stage 2 drag car for sale cheap,:)

Do a search and read some previous threads here..that should answer most of your questions, along with looking at the rest of the block guide. This link shows the location of the relocated pickup by #1 cap; I have two S2 blocks like this.

In general, all off-center blocks (S1 or S2) and a few early on-center S2 blocks came with the wet sump provision. The later S2 on-center castings were revised and the casting area for the wet sump pickup was eliminated. These blocks can be used with a Duttweiler style external (in the pan) pickup for wet sump conversions.

Back