stage 2 fueling?

Others who've done it will know better than I, but I think 32-3300 lbs is not unreasonable for a car minus AC with fiberglass doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, etc. If you go with a one piece front end, gut the inner fenders, core support, etc. etc. you could probably approach 30-3100.

LITEWTS

In the FWIW dept, when I built the "yeller car" it had:
All steel except hood and bumpers.
Power windows.
Full dash.
2" X 4" back half w/ 9", 4 link.
Stock ft suspension.
12 pt cage. [moly]
Prod. based engine, T-400 trans.
dry I/C.
Convo pros.
WT 2980# w/out me.
Back to gittin ready for Reynolds in the AM:D

generally, on cars running high 9's or slower (800hp or less) ,we use a single SX pump with a sump welded in the tank and a #8 supply line and return through the stock 3/8 supply. On cars that will run faster, and retain the stock fuel tank, we run twin SX's with 2 #8 supplies or a single Weldon with a #10, using a #6 return
Bill Anderson

SX results

Bill, I completed the install of a SX pump, filter, check valve and -10 line, and a -6 return.
Set the FP at 45 to be safe and let it rip. [20# boost]
Ater 2 runs and some head scratching, we concluded the pump had taken a dump. Pressure did not keep up w/ the demand and 1 set of plugs later, we put it back on the trlr. 10.40@132 again.:mad:
Can't figure what's the issue, but it's rebuild time now and I guess we'll have all winter to figure it out.;)

Back to scratchin for answers.

My Paxton pump was all done at 10.0 Take my advice, put a Weldon 2015 on it and be one with it. The only downside is the noise. If it bothers you too much put a controller on it to quiet it down.

Owww,

Chuck, did I just catch your drift that the pump took a dump first time out and the motor melted down.

I hate hearing stuff like that.

Paul Thompson

SX/paxton pumps

Thanx Cal, The OTHER pump I have in stock is a PAXTON!!!:eek:
Wouldn't you know, 2 of the same lousy performance.!! Since they are identical, I should have known they were made by the same folks, only colored differently.
Am going to the WELDON and be done w/ it.:cool:
I had a good time at Reynolds. It was nice seeing you and the rest of the BUICK folks.:)
I'll be doing the pump, some lower end check out and a head r&r this next few months..... all to get ready to do it again.

CU next spring:D