You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 Questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

278cikiller

Heres my combo:

STAGE 2 OFF CENTER ENGINE 278 CUBIC INCHES
206 212 ROLLER CAM
GN 1 ALUMINUM HEADS
83 LB INJECTORS
3200 NL STALL CONVERTOR
DFI
ALKY INJECTION
62 MM THROTTLE BODY
FROUNT MOUNT INTERCOOLER
ROLLER ROCKERS

What turbo would be a good match for this combination? Thanks for your time guys.

I would consider a GT42R if you have 4 bolt headers.
If you have 3 bolt consider PT74 or PT76BB.
Are you sure the converter is a 3200RPM with your 278?
If it is rated with a 231 it will probably stall higher with the additional tq.
How fast do you want to go/how much power do you want?

stage 2

we found out 3500 stall. looking to go 1050 or 10os . one other thing i have 45a from LTD enginering with .63 4 bolt housing if i keep the turbo and change to .85 housing will that make a diffrence?

That turbo is a little small for the motor size, but considering your modest goals it should work. You have enough motor and fuel to go much faster.

I used a 74,a 76 and an 80 with just about that same combo. All of them worked but my conveter was a 3600 stall.

REG

Yes it is smallish for that size motor.
It should have tire shredding torque though.

That cam is tiny!:eek:

Be careful with the tune up, you will be making peak power at a very low rpm. Too small of a cam can create tons of cylinder pressure at a low rpm and cause detonation.

Just my .02 cents

That cam is tiny!:eek:

Be careful with the tune up, you will be making peak power at a very low rpm. Too small of a cam can create tons of cylinder pressure at a low rpm and cause detonation.

Just my .02 cents

I agree with D.

Dan (278cikiller) is a good friend of mine. Could you gentlemen take a guess at what his RPM redline would be with his current combination...and could you guys recommend a cam when he decides to upgrade. Would he be better off with a 26" slick or a 28"? Thanks guys.

Dan (278cikiller) is a good friend of mine. Could you gentlemen take a guess at what his RPM redline would be with his current combination...and could you guys recommend a cam when he decides to upgrade. Would he be better off with a 26" slick or a 28"? Thanks guys.

Go with the 28 inch tire for sure.
The RPM range will be lower, than with most stage 2 motors.
I would think that his cam would run out of steam ~ 5500 on a 231.
It will be less on a 278, you would have to dyno this to make sure.
My guess would be between 5000-5200.

stage 2

question? do to the small cam does that mean i have to add more fuel to the dfi program to stop dentonation do to cylinder pressure? thanks to all for the help:D

Best bet would be to speak with his engine builder reguarding cam selection.

Best bet would be to speak with his engine builder reguarding cam selection.

Dominic,

What is going on with Brian, I have heard from him in ages?
Shoot me your number, I want to ask you about some work.

Best regards,

Back