You can type here any text you want

Stage 2 with ac ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yeah I already have gn1 heads on my 109 block so it doesn't really make sense to go with stage 2 heads looking to make 800 - 900 hp and I see that gn1 are up to the task.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I am using offset solid lifters. My heads are fully ported standard GN1 heads nothing special. 900hp no problem with a 3 bolt turbo.

I got them used off this forum, $1500 with a Champion ported stock intake (which I sold), Scorpion rockers (which I sold), head studs for a 109 block (sold them too), stock valve covers with RJC spacers and ARP hardware
I did need $850 T&D rockers and have $900 in an Champion on center intake..

I see what you are getting at, the stage 2 stuff is cheaper, but after having headers made, and an intake converted, you are close in price. Now if you want to compare all out GN1r's vs stage 2 heads, the GN1r's are probably 3x as much.

I agree the headers will ruin the whole stage II head project. In addition you will lose lots of bottom end torque, if its a race car that is fine, but on the street the big heads will feel lazy, unless your WOT all the time at 5k + RPM, they are designed for 8000-9000 RPM NASCAR potential, and that is where they will shine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:jawdrop:

Back