You can type here any text you want

Stage block ressurection after catastrophe.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Anybody got before and after repair pics?

Curious where to draw the line on block repair...... when to say when.....

Ought to be interesting if I can get some of you guys to post up some of your experience.... and pictures would even be better......

Repair techniques?

Thats a good question i have a block that has been bored to 4.125 and want to put 6 sleeves in it i only paid $600 for the block is it worth it. I know i can have it sleeved for 60 a hole.

Thats a good question i have a block that has been bored to 4.125 and want to put 6 sleeves in it i only paid $600 for the block is it worth it. I know i can have it sleeved for 60 a hole.

I have seen a stage block that had 6 sleeves installed.... so it was standard bore..... but it met it's maker at Reynolds a couple years ago.... no fault of the sleeves....

well thanks for the info. I dont plan on making a lot of power just wanted to use it for a strong street motor between 600 to 700 hp.

well thanks for the info. I dont plan on making a lot of power just wanted to use it for a strong street motor between 600 to 700 hp.

IMHO.... you will be fine.

We have 2 windows in the block...above the pan rail.... near the vicinity of #3 and # 4 rods........ they wanted out..... I guess.....:redface:

My Take, For what it's worth, unless the Damage effected the Webing of the Block and the main, you should be fine.

The pan rail does have some Structure Value, but if the damage is that extensive just use a block girdle, Problem Solved.

And There is nothing wrong with a Sleeved Block as long as it is done correctly.

Its well worth it. Maybe even better than standard if sleeved properly.

In our case.... my friend.... who owns the block.... said that the block also was cracked up in the lifter valley area.... and the upper part of the mains.... I think....... I believe this one is gone..... RIP...:o

In our case.... my friend.... who owns the block.... said that the block also was cracked up in the lifter valley area.... and the upper part of the mains.... I think....... I believe this one is gone..... RIP...:o

scrap

Back