Stage II busch motor

MIKE10SECV6

I want to get my foot in the door with a big cube motor!
Now i have a line on a Busch motor (ODD fire).
Block is a #25500153 4.0305 bore.
Crank #25500008 forged. 3.590
Carillo 6.5 rods.
T&D rocker shaft system. tit valves,ret, stage II heads.
I was told the motor cost $25000 to begin with and was originally built by Jim Ruggles.
It is a complete motor with 1 sleeve.
I realize that most likely only the block,crank,and rods can be used,so what is it worth?

Thanks for any help!
Also i cannot remember what the difference is between odd and even fire!! I have a feeling that odd fire is n.g.,am i right?

Mike. :confused:

Keep looking

Mike,

I'd keep looking if I was you. Used Busch GN motors have a lot of good parts in them but for street applications usually there is more that you won't use than you will.

The problems I see with the one you've come across are that the block is 4.030" + and has a sleeve which means it's basically used up and it's an Odd Fire too.

Unless the guy is going to give it to you for let's say $1500 or so I'd pass on it. The only thing that strikes me as strange is that 25500008 is the forging P/N for an Even Fire crank.

Neal

Always wanted a 274!!!

Thanks for the info Neal!
The guy did not seem to no a whole lot about the motor so maybe it is an even fire,can it be changed from even to odd some how??

Oh ya,he wants $5000 obo :eek:

Mike,

That's way too much $$ based on what you described. I've bought "nice" motors for quite a bit less than that. Busch motors for $5k and over can be found pretty easily. Odd fire motors aren't worth having unless they're really cheap or you're not using them in a GN.

Neal

Cheaper than a BUSCH motor in the long run

Hey Mike
When you start adding a few things up you will see mine will work out quite a bit cheaper than starting from scratch with a BUSCH motor or what ever. I know you said you might be taking a break from Buicks but there is still a lot of value buying my package deal.............. Good luck Dave
[Complete Stage II 274 on-center motor. This motor was built by Lawrence Conley and was and IS disassembled for inspection and freshening. It was discovered the rings were gapped too tight so freshening is required. Everything was magged and checked, crank is 3.59 std, std, bore will clean up at 4.020, corrillo rods, Stage II aluminum heads, Precision full roller cam, Houston converted intake, Jessel rockers, BHJ balancer, brand new 160# injectors, modified Precision plenum, 90 mm throttle body, SX regulator. Dutweiler oiling system, comes with pan with oil returns for twins. It also comes with turbo saver system and all braided lines for oil and returns for the turbos etc. This is a package deal and comes with single turbo headers and a liquid intercooler. All capable of going hard in the 8.'s although these parts have never been over 14 lbs of boost, so (these are not used up parts) they have never been leaned on. The motor went 9.9's @ 140 with a single 72 turbo @ 14 lbs. I will also include a Felpro program that went mid 8.'s and will be a great start up and may be in the ball park depending on what turbo combination you go with.

What it will need is a set of pistons and rings and a bore, balance job the normal freshening costs.

Pictures avalible (should have a link shortly) $9500 for everything.. I may consider properly built 109 short block as partial trade. Dave England underpressure@hiroad.net or 330-351-7039

Look in the Parts For Sale section. Robert Crisafulli has the block you want for sale. Off-Center Casting number ends 16, that is the block to have if you go Off-Center.

Hey Mike,

I have a complete Busch Stage II motor for sale that is even fire. If you are interested shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks!
Rick Elam
RickE@Baer.com

I have decided not to go with the motor i mentioned above.
Talking to the owner he wants money for things that will be of no use to me or anybody i know.

Mike.