You can type here any text you want

Stage II cam cores

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

juan89

Hello,

I just spoke with Tim Cole at Comps Cams and they have some stage II cam cores.
He also has stage II gaskets and some other parts. I just ordered a cam.

I am getting ready to build my production 109 block and stage II headed street engine.

Regards,
Juan :biggrin:

What are the valve sizes you plan to use on a 109 block with S2 heads?

Tim recommended a 218/218 with a LSA 108 and .420 lobe lift.I am planning on using 2.00 in and 1.6 ex. valves.
This is going to be a street only engine. I am doing it to be different .I have all the parts, including new atr headers.

Juan

Tim recommended a 218/218 with a LSA 108 and .420 lobe lift.I am planning on using 2.00 in and 1.6 ex. valves.
This is going to be a street only engine. I am doing it to be different .I have all the parts, including new atr headers.

Juan

Did he give you any lobe numbers ? Sounds like a lot of lift for that short duration.

Allan G.

Any reason for the 108 lobe separation?

Any reason for the 108 lobe separation?

I would be willing to bet that with 218 duration that you don't need more LSA. I'm a little supprised at this selection. I also can't find this lobe profile in the catalog. With 218 duration and .420 lobe lift(if it exist) would imply that the lobe profile would have steep aggressive ramps and not really a street profile.

Allan G.

This is why I am having a couple of Stg2 billets made, most of the cores out there are on 104-106 LSA and the most you will be able to move the LSA to is 108-110. I am having billets made with 114 LSA so that i can move them up or down 2 degrees and make them more compatable for a turbo application. The cam profile you have picked will have an extreme lift/degree of rotation and may cause havic with your valve train. If this is a hydraulic cam your valve train will make a lot of noise.

This is why I am having a couple of Stg2 billets made, most of the cores out there are on 104-106 LSA and the most you will be able to move the LSA to is 108-110. I am having billets made with 114 LSA so that i can move them up or down 2 degrees and make them more compatable for a turbo application. The cam profile you have picked will have an extreme lift/degree of rotation and may cause havic with your valve train. If this is a hydraulic cam your valve train will make a lot of noise.

Buickrat,

I also talked with Tim Cole today. He does have cam cores available to grind at 114 LSA. I put an order in for what I thought is the perfect cam. Tim Cole agreed with my selection so I took this as a compliment. Looks like my thinking is not to far off the mark....

Allan G.

I guess I should have contacted Tim, well I am commited now so I have to follow through with what I ordered.

I received my cam today.The actual specs are 218/218 @.50 , 112 LSA, lobe lift .361 Hydralic Roller.
The grind number is 4870S (256XSR)

I have to decide if I want to use the 3.06 or 3.40 steel crank on my 109 block.
I am open to sugestions.

Juan

I received my cam today.The actual specs are 218/218 @.50 , 112 LSA, lobe lift .361 Hydralic Roller.
The grind number is 4870S (256XSR)

I have to decide if I want to use the 3.06 or 3.40 steel crank on my 109 block.
I am open to sugestions.

Juan

Those numbers make more sense. They are the Xtream Energy Street Roller(XSR) profiles. You will need to run tight lash with those, like .014I, .016E. Tim Cole recomended about .006 tighter when setting them cold.

Allan G.

Back