Stage II parts wanted

Bigm257

Guys,

I need help acquiring some parts for an S2 (ON CENTER) which
Duttweiler is currently building:

Innovative, Precision Turbo, or Turbonetics Ball Bearing 94mm or larger Turbo

Innovative Turbo Indygate

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I plan to set my GN up for
the Orlando World Finals (RADIAL TIRE CLASS) in October to kick some Mustang ass.

Thanks,
Mike
917-586-2555

Originally posted by Bigm257
I plan to set my GN up for
the Orlando World Finals (RADIAL TIRE CLASS) in October to kick some Mustang ass.

Nice!!!:D

Is this Michael Fell with Jimmy D's old street car.
Let me know how your project turns out.
When talking to several people regarding this class,
the general idea was that the v-6 might not be able to compete.
I guess it would depend on the weight break.

Either way shoot me an email, I would like to talk to you.

Originally posted by John Wilde

When talking to several people regarding this class,
the general idea was that the v-6 might not be able to compete.
I guess it would depend on the weight break.

If I remember correctly, Cal qualified last year, and then was eliminated in the First Round. And that was with a small 76 turbo. I would think, depending on the set up, a v-6 could compete. Also from what I understand a supra took a drag radial event in Ohio among some of the fastest drag radial mustangs in existance recently.

Unfortunately there is no weight break for the V6 at Orlando World Finals. I wrote an email to the race sponser requesting a weight brake.

The radial tire class is 3400lbs except for a "small block" with nitrous which you can deduct 150lbs.

Guys this is bull****. Single Turbo V-6 gets no weight brake but you can run a 454 bored out small block with 2-3 stages of nitrous and deduct 150lbs.
What gives????

Hopefully Duttweiler will have my S2 completed by mid September.
Kenny sent the intake to Hogan which will be mated to 110mm TB,
160lb injectors,S2 Heads,custom ss321 1 7/8 headers, 96mm Turbo with an innovative indygate, with a DFI gen 7. Kenny estimates 1300HP to the wheels.

The turbo Mustangs are running ruffly 1100HP but with a shorter
wheelbase and a Powerglide. The question is putting the power to the ground with a t-400???

Hope I have enough time to test

Regards,
Mike

Alex,

You are correct Cal did qualify last year in Orlando.
He ran 9.3s. His best pass on slicks is 8.59 to my knowledge.
This year it is going to take 8.3 to 8.4s to win.
The top v-8 cars are running more than 1500hp.
A stage 2 buick motor is going to have to push hard to make those kinds of numbers.
Cal is the man and if anyone can go out and do it, he is the man.
I also know that speaking to Cal he would not take his car to the Dragradial Wars race because he did not think he couple compete with out a bigger weight break. The Supra was allowed to run 100lbs lighter than the v-8 cars and had NOS and a Turbo.
So with an inline 6, dual power adders and better aerodynamics it is not a fair compare that car to a buick.

One of the sources saying the v-6 buick would have problems is Innovative Turbo Systems. Rick from Innovative got second place at the Ohio race.

It seems to be the problem with these turbo cars. There just isn't anybody who will even the playing field and you can bet they won't give us an advantage.

History has proven that.

John,

The info you have on Cal's car is the accurate to the best of my knowledge. From talking to him recently, he does plan on competing at the Orlando event with his car, along with a new car he built for a customer that he says should be able to compete and ran well for the first time out @ the Ohio race. I am guessing the competition at the Orlando race will be a little less fierce if he expects to compete or maybe he is just doing it for fun. Regardless, it will be one hell of a show. :D

-Alex

Originally posted by John Wilde
The Supra was allowed to run 100lbs lighter than the v-8 cars and had NOS and a Turbo.
So with an inline 6, dual power adders and better aerodynamics it is not a fair compare that car to a buick.

John, the Supra guy (Paul Efantis) posted on www.turbomustangs.com and said this.......

"ALSO MY SUPRA DOSENT USE HARDLY ANY NOS AT ALL WE SPRAY 1000 RPM OF 1ST GEAR TO SPOOL THAT MONGO TURBO WITH OUR LITTLE 183 CUBES ITS NOT EASY . IF WE WERE TO SPRAY DOWN THE WHOLE TRACK ID BE PICKING UP PARTS OUT OF MY CHUTE BUT COULD BE ONE HELL OF A FAST PASS.

PAUL WORLDS QUICKEST DRAG RADIAL SUPRA
8.36 @166"

From what I've heard Paul has an 81mm single turbo from Turbonetics so I can see why he would need a little spray to help it spool......

I think it's not so much a matter of power as it is traction with this drag radial racing........

For example BD went 171mph at this race, but he couldn't get his car to 60' so the Supra won the event only going 166mph (ET wins races).....

It's like my daddy once told me "Son you can have all the HP in the world, but if your car doesn't hook you'll just be spinning your tires!":D ;)

Originally posted by Bigm257
Unfortunately there is no weight break for the V6 at Orlando World Finals. I wrote an email to the race sponser requesting a weight brake.

The radial tire class is 3400lbs except for a "small block" with nitrous which you can deduct 150lbs.

Guys this is bull****. Single Turbo V-6 gets no weight brake but you can run a 454 bored out small block with 2-3 stages of nitrous and deduct 150lbs.
What gives????

Hopefully Duttweiler will have my S2 completed by mid September.
Kenny sent the intake to Hogan which will be mated to 110mm TB,
160lb injectors,S2 Heads,custom ss321 1 7/8 headers, 96mm Turbo with an innovative indygate, with a DFI gen 7. Kenny estimates 1300HP to the wheels.

The turbo Mustangs are running ruffly 1100HP but with a shorter
wheelbase and a Powerglide. The question is putting the power to the ground with a t-400???

Hope I have enough time to test

Regards,
Mike

Good luck and I hope to see your car at the event!:) :cool: