You can type here any text you want

Stage2 build

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Noe

Stage2 block #153 bore 4.020 needs sleeve #2 cylinder 1x11/2 hole on tope of cylinder.Can this block be repaired?Block sleeves use are they 3/32 thick and will there be enough meat there because when boring for the sleeve they have to break in the water jacket of the block.Feedback on other block repair.Sonic checked out 220 or more around rest of cylinders.Do you guys suggest to drill for a smaller hole on the front cam bearing to raise oil pressure and restrict oil volume to valvetrain?Cam i will be using Comp.cams 261 261 dur@50 224 224 lob sep 115 valvelift 577 577 Duttweiler said he has made 1000HP with this cam.I need i good street cam for my stage2 head.Feed back on cam or similar cams.Go with Duttweilers oiling system or use my stage5 dry sump system.Gear drive ratio for dry sump system on mandrel and pump.Duttweiler has said that he has bore out stage block as much as 4.100 but the main problem is head gasket cylinder diameter.Iwill be using a Turbonetics 76 ball bearing.Need Ruggles phone # so i can talk to him about some marine headers that were made for him for the stage2 heads.Carrillo rods 6.5 4 drilled oiling pin 2 drilled with 2 holes do i match them?And will this be a problem when balancing bottom end?

Don't know about the sleeve. Don't do the Buick Power Source book front cam bearing mod on a street car. Duttweiler oil pump or dry sump will make plenty of oil pressure. Cam sounds good. I went with a 222/218 cam and could have gone bigger. So you're the guy who won that eBay auction on the marine manifolds, huh? Ruggles is gone. Retired. Don't think the pin oiling holes are a big issue- have machine shop drill the others, then balance. Or not.

Sleeving that block shouldn't be a problem, I've seen way worse than that be put back together and do all right. I would call up carrillo and pose that question to them to see what they can do for you, they can work something out, I'm sure. Don't see how much that will affect the rotating assembly but you never know. :)

Back