You can type here any text you want

Stainless or steel hardlines?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

this is kind of a stupid question, but i am running a wilwood master cylinder and their 570 high temp fluid. That being said does this fluid need to be in stainless hardline or will regular steel work?

Adrian

Typical brake line stock that you get from the auto parts store is steel. I've never seen stainless steel brake hard line. Do they really make it? Stainless steel can be very tricky to flare, let alone double flare. I have experience single flaring stainless line for nitrous systems, and it's a real bear to flare that line without splitting the flare.

Typical brake line stock that you get from the auto parts store is steel. I've never seen stainless steel brake hard line. Do they really make it? Stainless steel can be very tricky to flare, let alone double flare. I have experience single flaring stainless line for nitrous systems, and it's a real bear to flare that line without splitting the flare.

Donnie, yes they make stainless hard lines for brakes. As a matter of fact the entire run can be had in stainless. "unfortunately".:mad:

You're correct, it must be terribly difficult making the double flares required. My Son-In-Law ordered all new cusome made brake lines for his GNX restoration.
1st problem: if they aren't formed perfectly, it's almost impossible to bend them into possition to fit the master cylinder.
2nd problem: The flairs must not be quite right because he's never been able to cure the tiny leaks at the master cylinder connections.

I don't remember what company made them for him. Well known outfit.

We both learned some lessons on stainless brake lines with that one!!

It is Classic Tube (716-759-1800)

They offer steel, and stainless. Prebend, or the pieces you need to do it yourself.

They also have a cool hand held hydraulic tubing flare kit, this will double flare stainless no problem.

Back