You can type here any text you want

Stainless Steel AN fittings and Adapters

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy ya'll,

I'm putting my engine purchase list together and since I have pretty much the entire long block ready to rock its now for the details for installing in the car. Since I have an external oiling system using a supply line into what used to be the pressure sensor hole in the side of the block enlarged to 3/8" NPT I will need a lot of braided hose and fittings for this project. I'm going to be using Earl's Pro-Lite 350 for most of the hose on the oil, tranny, turbo water, and low pressure P/S cooler and return lines. The fuel lines will be braided kevlar, because I like the black, for ethanol resistance an the high pressure brakes, AC, and P/S stuff will be the specialized lines required for those systems. There are a ton of fittings in all of these systems and to provide continuity across the board I'd like to use Stainless adapters for all the lines since it will take the corrosion of the ethanol (E85 prepared), the pressure of the brakes and P/S systems, and the astetics of my already partially stainless engine bay colour scheme. However I can't really find most of what I need in stainless; so where should I go?
I need the following at the very least for the Oiling system:
3/8" NPT M - -10 AN M
1/2" NPT M - -10 AN M
-10 AN O-ring M - 10 AN M
1/2" NPT M - -4 AN M

Thanks,

Look for a local hydraulic hose shop. They won't call it -an but they'll know what your looking for and can probably get it.

What Dusty said. When you go to the hydraulic store, they call AN fittings JIC fittings. SS=$$$$.

Be careful will the black Pro-Lite hose, it does not have the durability of the SS braided hose. It also chafs easily.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I thought JIC was 45º and AN was 37º?
How do you mean its less durable? I plan to well secure it with the rubber isolated clamps. Does it break down or something?

Thanks,

The JIC and AN are both 37*. The 45* is known as SAE. Read here:
North American Coupling Types

I'm just saying the nylon outer jacket is less durable than the stainless covering. The Pro-Lite is more flexible and will need to be secured better to avoid any chaffing. I have a friend that used and inquired with him if he liked. He said that it looks good and works but needs to be secured good to avoid chaffing.

BTW: how do you get the degree symbol?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

A degree symbol is ALT 167 º, you have to use the num pad though.
Its going to be well securedI will assure you.

If JIC fittings will work, McMaster-Carr carries them in 316SS for not terribly ourtrageous prices (at least compared to some other ss fittings I've priced :-)). I'm sure there are cheaper places but McMC can't be beat for service and quick shipment.

I SECOND McMASTER-CARR!!!! Great prices and Fast shipping. I have bought a lot of different stainless [and aluminum] stuff. Always Top Notch;)

Back