You can type here any text you want

Stall converter and surge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i have no idea on how to properly fix this.
but i bet that if i put the Precision exhaust housing back on the turbo, the surge would not show up so frequently.

Let me know if you try this and how it works. I was thinking stock boost control as well as mentioned above or a looser exhaust housing. Anything to slow spool should help but just seems so counter productive.

Let me know if you try this and how it works. I was thinking stock boost control as well as mentioned above or a looser exhaust housing. Anything to slow spool should help but just seems so counter productive.

And thats why
I will NOT be trying it and i NOT even look into solving this issue.
i am just trying to give you an idea of how it effects me and how i came into the same problem as you. in hopes that it can some how help you find a solution.
like i said earlier its annoying but not driving me crazy YET.

I appreciate the help. I'll just stick to driving my car @ WOT where it runs best anyway.

I am having the same issue with my te44 turbo car. Mine started showing up after I relocated the air filter behind the headlight area. Got it out of the engine compartment. Was real bad but I got it down to just a momentary surge by removing 1st gear fuel in the chip. It only surges just before the 1-2 upshift under part or wot throttle.

Back