Starter interupt

nwarky

I need help for a little thing. I'm wanting to put a starter interupt switch so it wont be quite so easy to steal. Is the wire that I need to tap into in the steering column or is it under the car by the starter. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks Dean

i would assume you could use on under the dash that comes out of the steering column. :dunno:

i wired up a starter button on my '98 with a hidden kill switch, i used the wires under the dash. i would assume they would be similar on the '89.... but have not looked at them to compare.

The TTA comes with VATS So unless they have the correct chip key in the ignition lock, better bring a tow truck.

The GN's dont have this feature.

HTH

switch

Just a suggestion, instead of messing with the starter to prevent theft since you have VATS already. You could put in a fuel pump disable switch. You can even incorporate it into the fuel pump hotwire kit very easily and hide it beside your rear drivers seat. Ever tried to start a TTA or GN with the fuel pump off?? You can crank all day and you'll be lucky if the motor even sputters. ;)

Many of the after market chips have an anti-theft option....An easy layer added to your car's security. :)

Re: switch

Originally posted by mrtransam3
Just a suggestion, instead of messing with the starter to prevent theft since you have VATS already. You could put in a fuel pump disable switch. You can even incorporate it into the fuel pump hotwire kit very easily and hide it beside your rear drivers seat. Ever tried to start a TTA or GN with the fuel pump off?? You can crank all day and you'll be lucky if the motor even sputters. ;)
My suggestion is to use the blue wire off of an aftermarket removable face stereo (amp/power antenna wire) and tap it into a relay to dissable the fuel pump. Without the faceplate on the stereo the antenna won't go up, the amp won't turn on, and there will be no fuel for it to run. If you have the faceplate on you, they will be towing it. Would you worry about the faceplate not being there when trying to steal a car??? Didn't think so. Ultimate passkey IMHO.

You can also do the same thing to anything else that will disable the car such as crank sensor......

Re: switch

Originally posted by mrtransam3

I think that anyone trying to steal a 3rd gen already knows about the VATS and how to dissable it.

I like the fuel pump idea, easy to do and a pain for some one to find.

The VATS system is very easy to by pass if you know what to do, being in the UK I have not to worry as there is not much knowledge about these cars over here (but if you have a Porsche, Ferrari etc you better watch out :)

If they want it bad enough, they'll drag it away, tow it, push it with another car, etc...

Too much work for a 3rd gen... its not a Ferrari.. or Lambo...

Someone stole my car.. they'd be doing me a favor.. :D