Starting A DFW GN Group

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
Sep 10, 2002
Texas
ihadav8.com
Looks like xrp will have TNT tomorrow. Anyone up for some ? Jason sez he is bringing out his grey ghost. I work until four but will probably make a ride over .

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
Sep 10, 2002
Texas
ihadav8.com
Well, we made the trip over to the extreme raceway and all I can say is WOW, what a terrific facility. Track prep looked and sounded awesome. A mustang even broke something to let a wheel loose.

Jason and Ken brought their Limiteds out. Pretty light crowd so passes were only limited by the desire to make them.

The idea for a Buick event was floated and this would be an excellent venue. I would hope the local Buick people would think it a decent place and maybe with enough notice the Oklahoma and south Texas people would consider attending. I was going to throw it out on one of the other Texas event threads and see if it would generate interest to move forward.

Attachments

Reactions: cbar_tx

gunzandgearz

gearzandgunz
Aug 24, 2015
mustang oklahoma
https://www.xtremeracewaypark.com/

It is down 45 south of Dallas in Ferris, TX. They had some excellent track prep. And the pits had a giant area of concrete flat work that must have cost a fortune. Easily as nice as Ennis just not a full quarter mile.
Sweet might have to come down and hang out with you guys and bring one of my cars.is the track busy or can you get in quite a few runs

gn87man

Apr 18, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
any more meets coming up soon? I am new here , from Fort Worth just bought my first Turbo Buick and would like to network with other local Turbo Buick owners.
Hey Michael, I live in Fort Worth too. Welcome aboard. This board has a wealth of great information.

Ken White is putting together a test-n-tune day on April 6th at Xtreme Raceway Park, just south of Dallas. I am planning on attending if my car will stay together until then. LOL.

Here is Ken's post from Facebook concerning the event:

Wanted to get back with everyone on the Buick Race I mentioned a couple weeks back.

Here's what I think and hope will be best for this year. With only a few months to plan it, I don't feel I can put together a nice Buick Shootout and event.
With this being said, I still want to do a Buick Only Test N Tune day.
I spoke with the track manager last week, he's going to verify it this week, but told me he thinks April 6th will be perfect.

I feel this Buick test n tune day will give me and some more of us Buick guys an idea of what we can do for next year, with a good full year to plan.

My dream for next year is, this event will be a full 2 Day Event. Which will hopefully bring some more Buick guys from a little farther out, plus vendors.

The beauty of this track, they do test n tune from Thursday's through Sunday's. That way, if anyone wanted to do some extra tuning or grudge racing, they can either do it Friday or Saturday evening.

https://www.facebook.com/xtremeracewaypark/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Reactions: TexasT and cbar_tx

DMAC

Jan 6, 2011
Arkansas
I sent each of you and PM to get your contact information , I want to put a email list of us together so we can communicate and share the knowledge of these temperamental cars ! lol

Looking forward to getting to know and meet those here !

Reactions: gn87man

gn87man

Apr 18, 2016
Fort Worth, TX
I sent each of you and PM to get your contact information , I want to put a email list of us together so we can communicate and share the knowledge of these temperamental cars ! lol

Looking forward to getting to know and meet those here !
Thank you so much for putting this list together Darren! I am looking forward to meeting everyone too and learning more about these finicky cars. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom