Startup

bad2bone

badtobonebuick.com
Looking for advice on proper best practices in starting up vehicle that has been sitting for 2 years. I have read about fuel and fuel pump in addition the turning or setting of cam sensor prior to cranking over motor. Looking for procedures to insure best chance of success without harm to vehicle. Thanks

New fuel pump...and prime the engine...or you can bet dollars to donuts it'll dry start.

where has it been stored?

change oil, drain and replace fuel, fuel pump is suspect but may be ok, injectors are suspect, but may be ok

pull spark plugs, squirt a little oil in each hole, turn engine over by hand, replace plugs

change oil, drain and replace fuel, fuel pump is suspect but may be ok, injectors are suspect, but may be ok

pull spark plugs, squirt a little oil in each hole, turn engine over by hand, replace plugs

New fuel pump...and prime the engine...or you can bet dollars to donuts it'll dry start.
thanks for your input much appreciated

Car has been undercover outside in Florida Why?

under a cover and lots of humidity can cause problems with things. Things like electrical connections. I'm a gambler. I would make sure it has decent oil in it, disconnect the orange wire near the battery and with the battery fully charged spin it over until it showed oil pressure on the gauge(my car has a gauge, yours, not sure). Have the fuel pressure gauge hooked up to the rail and make sure it is making fuel pressure (again, guessing you have such equipment). Reconnect the orange wire and bust it off. It will need an oil/filter change and a new fuel filter in short order but a quick jaunt around the neighbor hood is good for getting the individual motivated to do the next things to have it ready for summer cruising. Or you can do what the other guys said.