You can type here any text you want

steel headgasket sealer

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bobs rare 6

Redoing 2 gm steel shims, where to get sealer? What type, brand? Had used ge-ultra glaze before. Now cant find any! Thanks, Bob.

Bobs rare 6 said:
Redoing 2 gm steel shims, where to get sealer? What type, brand? Had used ge-ultra glaze before. Now cant find any! Thanks, Bob.
I've got a brand new tube of the GE 1200 I got with my RJC kit. I'll sell it for $12 shipped as long as you're in the U.S. I also take PayPal: SpoolinWH1@aol.com. Let me know if you're interested. David

I used just standard ol clear silicone from the auto parts store, worked great, no leaks - you just have to work fast. The most recent set i did, i used the 1200 which came in the kit... i dont have feedback for leaks on that though. I noticed the work time for the 1200 is much longer whereas the other one setup pretty fast... like i said you just gotta be quick.

Phil

I no longer use the 1200 and have not for about 3 years now. the new stuff works much better. call me if you need some.

Hey Jason, how long does it typically take for the 1200 to dry?

btw, the crank pulley came in and it looks beautiful!

Phil

Back