steering column

RCI2990

buick fanatic
will the steering column out of a 85 or 86 (not sure exactly) grand prix work in my 84,and will the door hinges from the same gp work.thanks.

Yes and Yes! On the hinges, if possible, you'd be better off getting them off a four door G body. Fourdoor doors are much lighter so therefore less wear and tear on those hinges.

The door hinges are NOT interchangable between 2 doors and 4 doors. Also make sure your columns have the same wiper switch(delay or pulse wipers). If not those can be swapped from one column to another. Eric Fisher

Originally posted by turbofish38
The door hinges are NOT interchangable between 2 doors and 4 doors. Also make sure your columns have the same wiper switch(delay or pulse wipers). If not those can be swapped from one column to another. Eric Fisher

Gotcha there Eric. Tell that to my 87 NA Regal not to mention that they are identical!

Hi John, Not according to the old trusty 44W parts catalog. Since I dont keep the 4 doors and wagons around to look at I couldn't see what the difference might be. Eric

Hi Eric.......when I first got the front door hinges from a four door, I compared them and saw no difference. I used them to replace the hinges on my wife's 87 coupe. Whatever the difference may be, if there is any, it hasn't come to light. :confused: ;)