You can type here any text you want

Still pic from BG

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

johnplogii

Senior citizen
I found a good pic of a launch from wed in BG on gsxcitements website.

Attachments

• BG 2010 wed.jpg
    BG 2010 wed.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 445
I found a good pic of a launch from wed in BG on gsxcitements website.

I think I recognize that car :biggrin: It hail's from Nebraska and his wife gets excited when he makes a good pass and she is filming it :cool:

Awesome!!! You got that suspension on your car working!:cool:

Thanks Brick, but actually it only dead hooked for 8-10 passes on brand new slicks then started spinning on the hit & the 60ft dropped off. It still goes 1.30-1.35 with a little spin but I need to figure out what the problem is. That 1.270 was incredible & would like to be able to do that all of the time.

Thanks Brick, but actually it only dead hooked for 8-10 passes on brand new slicks then started spinning on the hit & the 60ft dropped off. It still goes 1.30-1.35 with a little spin but I need to figure out what the problem is. That 1.270 was incredible & would like to be able to do that all of the time.

Guess you better keep buying new slicks :eek:

No just make it hit the tire a little less on the initial wrap.

see ya, Kip

Kip, tighten the extension on the shocks or move the instant center back to stock? Are these tires ruined now? The tread just shreds off now, more so on the right side. I rotate them every 3 or 4 passes. Thanks for the input!

John

I think most people would love to have your "throw away" 60' times, but yeah I'm sure that 1.270 must've felt awesome and after doing that you want to do it consistently.:cool:

Nice pic! Is that with a 200? What t-brake?

Yes sir! It's Brian's stage right style brake in his 2004r that I bought about 5 years ago. I broke the sprague once when I shattered the ring & pinion about 2 1/2 years ago. It will probably be due for a freshen up soon :confused: Can't expect a 2 1/2 year old 200 to last too long running 9.30's/9.40's. Of course it ran .70's/.80's all last year going to the track almost every weekend.

I think I recognize that car :biggrin: It hail's from Nebraska and his wife gets excited when he makes a good pass and she is filming it :cool:

Ty, you should hear what she says now when the car ONLY goes 9.50! You would think I made a 13 sec pass from her comments :cool:

Kip, tighten the extension on the shocks or move the instant center back to stock? Are these tires ruined now? The tread just shreds off now, more so on the right side. I rotate them every 3 or 4 passes. Thanks for the input!

John

I can't speak for Kip or anything (he's who I'd be askin if I had the same question), but if you are running that damn good I'd start with the shock adjustments...I wouldn't want to change something that was more of a pain to put back where it was setup previously until I knew I couldn't do it with easy adjustments.

Yes sir! It's Brian's stage right style brake in his 2004r that I bought about 5 years ago. I broke the sprague once when I shattered the ring & pinion about 2 1/2 years ago. It will probably be due for a freshen up soon :confused: Can't expect a 2 1/2 year old 200 to last too long running 9.30's/9.40's. Of course it ran .70's/.80's all last year going to the track almost every weekend.

That's awesome! What turbo are you running?

John have you tried a drag radial. My best pass ever was on a 275 m.t.
9.30 144 with a 1.32 60 It has also went 1.30 on the same tire. The 295-55 would replace the 28x10.5 a good double adjustable shock is a must with the radilals though.

That's awesome! What turbo are you running?

70HPQ Kevin.

John have you tried a drag radial. My best pass ever was on a 275 m.t.
9.30 144 with a 1.32 60 It has also went 1.30 on the same tire. The 295-55 would replace the 28x10.5 a good double adjustable shock is a must with the radilals though.

Walt, I tried a pair of older used 275's one night & they went up in smoke 3 times in a row. I didn't know if it was the tires, the track or the car & didn't have time to mess with it before the oklahoma/bg trip. I do plan to try a new pair in the spring. I have double adjustable afcos in the rear but up front is pretty much stock with 10 year old comp eng 3 ways.

Have you figured out what's going on with your car yet?

john i think when the gate froze shut and it went to 35 psi it maxed out the stock fuel rail. 3 and 5 were fine 1 was toast. it has -10 rails and a external regulator now. The pass when the gate stuck was a 5.86 1/8 @ 110 let out before the 660. Not sure if the weather will hold out for one more track outing or not. Walt

Back