You can type here any text you want

Stock appearing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboDave

RIP DAVE
Staff member
TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Not exactly sure where to post this, so I'm posting here for maximum exposure for this obscure question.

I've put my 87's intake tract back to stock air box, etc. as can be seen in this pic.

But... what you can't see in this pic is the attachment point of the air cleaner snorkal (sic). the spot where it attaches to the core support.
What exactly was used to fasten that bare metal clip to the core support?? I can't remember, and right now I just have a bolt holding it there, which I'm sure is wrong.

Richard? You here? you might know. You've got several all original stockers sitting around.

Thanks to all.

FullSizeRender.jpg

As I recall, it was a plastic push-lock wedge fastener. Head diameter was about 3/4 in. diameter.

Thanks! I was sorta thinking it might have been something like that, now, just gotta find one.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk.[emoji252]

I thought it was the metal push on clip, and the standard 10mm head fine thread bolt to fasten it. I think I made it a bolt anyways since those push on clips like to get stripped and jammed up.

16.JPG

Back