stock block upper limits....

Gotta love the skeptics....:rolleyes: Actually the 45a is brand new.
I'm planning on going big, big, big with everything later on so I figured I'd just get the turbo now and see if it picks up any over the 45a. Mr. Craig will be getting a call from me on Mon:D

-scott wile

I would get a 70GTQ like others have said. A T76 will take forever to spool but since your truck is drag only maybe that won't be a problem. John Craig has killer customer service.

The reply to your pics I think was the fact that you are a crazy SOB for having a truck like that :).

-GNX7

Things change with a trans-brake. You would probably be okay with a 72 since you have a brake. You will gain a decent amount with a 70mm vs. your 66mm. Didn't double L hit a 10.30-10.40 wall with his 45A then switched to a 70 and went 10.0 to 9.99? Should be worth a tenth or two.

The neon light kit is on it's way. I couldn't decide between green or purple so I ordered the pink. Should look killer,huh?:rolleyes:
It does seem that I've maxed out the 45a. What does the BB 70 series cost? I imagine quite a bit more than the 45a. My goal is 9's on the unmolested stock motor. Has anyone else accomplished this or will i be the first?

-scott wile

He is on his way to a 9 sec ...... BOOM!!! hold on folks we have some oil on the track.

Jorge's Motor.

Brickster, I'm almost positive that Jorge's head's have some do it yourself porting like mine do, and the cam is not stock, remember, I've known him for a long time.;)

Everyone is just WAY to optimistic on this board:D
I wonder just how many people saying "BOOM" are speaking from experience.....:rolleyes:

-scott wile

Chevota,

I love to see when others make a stock motor fly. I've often wondered what my car would run at 3000 lb. I'm about as light as I can get and still run TSS at the Nats. Don't let the naysayers get to you. I'm still undecided if it takes a really smart person or a really stupid person to run a stock motor in the 10s. :D

Re: Jorge's Motor.

Originally posted by TurboT231
Brickster, I'm almost positive that Jorge's head's have some do it yourself porting like mine do, and the cam is not stock, remember, I've known him for a long time.;)

Freddie, I'll take your word for it... The funny thing is I was told about Jorge's motor by another Jorge (Jorge P. aka Turbojorge on here).... He must have been mistaken.... Oh well it's good to see you post:)

Thank's dude, I think he even stepped up to Champion's like your brothers, I heard it from a good friend of his. It really doesn't matter, he still ran a great time before breaking, I'll be happy as HELL to run that ET. some day, even on the JUICE.:D

I'd do the heads Scott, I picked up 5/10s at 5 lbs less boost with my little PTE54. If you don't blow it up by then move to a 70...

Originally posted by stangbanger
Chevota,

I'm still undecided if it takes a really smart person or a really stupid person to run a stock motor in the 10s. :D

I would say smart, and also lucky. Smart for the reason that the tune has to be right, there si no room for mistakes.

Stupid is how you will feel when it breaks, that's about what I am feeling if I break mine.

Originally posted by stangbanger
Chevota,

I love to see when others make a stock motor fly. I've often wondered what my car would run at 3000 lb. I'm about as light as I can get and still run TSS at the Nats. Don't let the naysayers get to you. I'm still undecided if it takes a really smart person or a really stupid person to run a stock motor in the 10s. :D

I hear ya Stang, I can't decide either :) .

Chevota - What size turbo were you running prior to your TE45a? Did you pick up significantly when you went to the TE45a on the stock motor? I'm thinking of stepping up to this turbo or the new GT67.

Thanks,

Jim

I saw that truck when i flew out to the west coast nationals, Its a beautiful peice, flyin too
Congrat on the new times!!
Otto
Not that mine was a stock block, but if it weighed 3000 instead of 3790 with me in it , Woooohoooo
That 10.47 131 pass would have probably been a 9.70-138 pass
Shes going on a diet now

Originally posted by TurboT231
Thank's dude, I think he even stepped up to Champion's like your brothers, I heard it from a good friend of his. It really doesn't matter, he still ran a great time before breaking, I'll be happy as HELL to run that ET. some day, even on the JUICE.:D

Juice? What's that?:D ;)

So the stock longblock'd, 10.2 car in S. Florida actually had ported heads and a cam?
That ain't a stock longblock (since the heads and cam usually come with the term "long"). :D
Also, a 3000lb. car will stress the driveline (and hence, the block) a whole lot less than a 3500-3700lb. car will.
And was the 3000 w/ or w/o a driver? I'd hate to think it was with a driver. But even without...WTF was removed to make that weight? My Limited is a very lightly optioned car and weighed 3,686 with me (~235lbs.) in it.

Anyway, I'm stepping up my combo in the next month or so and a set of nicely ported heads are part of the equation (227in/186ex). I'm seriously considering girdling the stock block, regardless of how many people have played roulette and won.

BTW-I too think that truck is sick...and wrong. But I love it! Paint it 3 or 4 different colors, smash in a quarter panel and go make a killing on the street with it. Of course, that would be what an irresponsible person would do. ;)
Sean.

Well what makes me mad is that I did'nt think of this before Scott did.I like his truck and belive me it aint no DOG.I have seen scott run a few times and I can tell you his combo looks stock and if he says the heads are stock thats good enough for me.I belive he is going to make his goal of 9s but it will be interesting to see how long the motor lives at that level. Good Luck Scott

Wonder how long a stock block would live in METRO running 9.20 ?

REG