You can type here any text you want

stock boost gauge accurate?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
seems like it is reading about 13-14 lbs even if I turn the wastegate rod in tighter (2-3 turns) if i back it out a few turns it begins to drop.
Guess I should go with an aftermarket one??

Just get a boost gauge and tape it to the windshield. It'll tell you how far off the stock gauge is. Mine was very accurate but 2psi off. It maintained that 2psi all the time. So I just knew to put the 2psi in the actual.

Guess i need to get the stock gauge fixed !!TEST I used the autometer from my GN and taped it up. first run was
10lbs on stock gauge and 10-11 on the autometer t
urned it up a few turns and 12 on the stock gauge and 14 on the autometer
turned it a few more and got 13 -14 on stock gauge and about 17 on the autometer
turned the spark retard on 8* (so I was sure there would be 0 knock ) cranked it some more 13-14 on stock gauge and 20 on the autometer !!
Stock gauge just plain sucks I guess. anyone rebuild / recalibrate them ??

for those who care I fixed the stock boost gauge !! has a crack in the black plastic hose right at the firewall. gauge is now working perfect !!:D

Stock boost guage works off the 3 bar MAP sensor mounted on the AC box. If your leak didnt let all the pressure make its way to the MAP.. then you have your answer. :)

HTH

Back