You can type here any text you want

Stock cam gear VS. Roller cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Amelio

I just got my new engine running last week and so far so good, the car runs great and spools very fast (thanks to the roler cam :biggrin: )

I was curios to know after poking around on this board is it necessary to change the cam gear to a brass gear or is it just a good option?

If I leave the stock gear on will it come apart?

Please post any suggestions and exsperience......Thanks

I think it depends on if your cam is a billet cam or austempered (sp).

It is a roller set up from Full Throttle which they are austempered......

I think it depends on if your cam is a billet cam or austempered (sp).

I have a roller cam in my new motor but am not sure which I have. It is a comp cam if that helps. I can not belive that cam gear is 124$:eek: You know people are making a huge profit on little parts like that.

I have a roller cam in my new motor but am not sure which I have. It is a comp cam if that helps. I can not belive that cam gear is 124$:eek: You know people are making a huge profit on little parts like that.

I doubt it. They are dealing with a niche market and probably have to layout $5k just to get the project rolling. Not to mention their time invested. $124 isnt chit when your spending up to $10k on a 25 year old POS stock block in most instances. I am thankful that someone actually is engineering a decent part to correct a problem.

http://www.rpmmachine.com/pioneer-bronzedistributorgears.shtml
I think this one might work and is 73 dollars cheaper.

http://www.rpmmachine.com/pioneer-bronzedistributorgears.shtml
I think this one might work and is 73 dollars cheaper.

No big deal but you'd have to make it fit. The cam sensor is a .500 shaft. I've seen bronze gears fail......I'll take the BOP please :)

ok good to know the stocker will work, mine looked real good plus I have a apsre cam sensor:biggrin:

Thanks!

Back