You can type here any text you want

Stock Camshaft casting number help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Anyone know what the casting number on the stock GN cam is? Meaning the numbers on the back of the cam.

I saw this somewhere.. now cant find it.

Thanks guys.

Julio

mine don't have #'s on the back. the only #'s i see are in between the lobes i will read you the #' starting at the nose. i.5 - cwc - (d3 c3)-2-5-5-1-0-0-8-1-24 i am sure this is the correct cam as i am the second owner of the car but you never know..hth.......Bob

Mine has an engraved ITXBEF on the back. Yours have this Bob?

Julio mine has nothing on the back, just a machined surface........Bob

Let's see here, Mine has "1308" and "I5" cast between the first journal and lobe, "CWC" between the #1 intake and exhaust lobe,"D2" and "C2" between the #2 intake and exhaust valves, "E8" and "09" between the last lobe and rear most journal, and "961240" on the rear surface.

I believe this is the stock cam, I was in the car when I got it, but someone had been into the engine once before.

I thought that was from those double to secret FBI cars the EVERYONEs cousin/uncle/friend/brother had. :rolleyes:

Nah.. its from a twin turbo Pursuit GN.. :D

So the stock cam doesnt have any inscriptions on the bottom?

How could you tell the difference between an NA cam and a turbo cam?

Julio i have a na 109 block in the shop. i think the cam is still in it...i see if i can check it out................Bob

That wont have a turbo cam in it. Wonder if there is a difference? But do look at the back of the cam..

na 109

came from a 86 buick regal #'s are almost the same#' starting at the nose. i.5 - cwc - (d1 c1)*-2-5-5-1-0-0-8-1-(24-a)* ............Bob

nothing is on the back of the cam on this one either. i will have to let the grease wear off though. i don't the owner ever changed his or her oil:eek: ..Bob

Did anyone ever figure out what cam Julio is talking about?
Marked "ITXBEF"
I just pulled one out of a car and am wondering what it is.

That wont have a turbo cam in it. Wonder if there is a difference? But do look at the back of the cam..
Razor, I have a couple of stock cams sitting on the shelf, when I get home tonight I will check and see what #s are on there, also I pulled a few N/A 109s apart recently and have the cams sitting in a box, I'll also check them #s, Jr.

Julio, Found the cams and 1 that has 25510081 appears to have some out of a n/a 109, looks like 25510082 is what came in the turbo regal, but don't see anything engraved on the back, also have one with the #25500776 have no idea on this one, maybe came out of a 4.1. THT Jr.

Anyone know what the casting number on the stock GN cam is? Meaning the numbers on the back of the cam.

I saw this somewhere.. now cant find it.

Thanks guys.

Julio

original cam part number for the 86/87 vin 7 engine is 25527480------this is the part # for the cam used in production------OEM replacment was 25517479------same exact cam just a different part #-------the number can be read along the length of the cam-------between each lobe is a single number......................RC

Julio,
I broke out my old KB catalog for craps and giggles and here is the specs in case you would like them for that cam.

KB Mark 1TXB
Lift .460 on both ex and int
Dur .260 both exh and int
114 lobe sep
1.5 to 5.5k power band

And of course I have to post the gain....KB says 20 HP and 2mph and .2 tenths...LOL

Back