You can type here any text you want

Stock Crank thrust bearing ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ikle

What material is the stock crank thrust bearing made out of ? Is it magnetic (steel) or non magnetic (aluminum alloy).
Thanks for your reply, Kyle.

the backer or shell is steel i believe but has copper and aluminum babbet the oil/crank rides on. are you seeing some metal filings?

the backer or shell is steel i believe but has copper and aluminum babbet the oil/crank rides on. are you seeing some metal filings?
Yes there is non magnetic metal filings in the oil, most noticeable sitting on the bottom of the pan. Trying to find the best approach to diagnosing the problem, I did upgrade the torque converter a couple of years ago, was wondering if that could be the issue even though it had the proper clearance from the converter to the fly wheel per instructions.

Ikle, what color are the metal filings? Have you checked for excessive end play on the crank.? Has your oil pressure changed at all ?

take the belt off and just use a bar to move the crank forward and back.if you have a dial set it on the balancer

Ikle, what color are the metal filings? Have you checked for excessive end play on the crank.? Has your oil pressure changed at all ?
Metal filings are silver in color. No I haven't checked crank end play was waiting to find out if that could be a possibility. Oil pressure seems to be fine but will double check to be sure.
Thanks for your reply.

Metal filings are silver in color. No I haven't checked crank end play was waiting to find out if that could be a possibility. Oil pressure seems to be fine but will double check to be sure.
Thanks for your reply.
You are probably seeing aluminum from the front cover, do you still have the factory cam button?

You are probably seeing aluminum from the front cover, do you still have the factory cam button?

Yes I still have the factory cam button, I hope that the issue is caused by the cam button or maybe my double roller timing chain making contact with cover. I will still measure end play in crank to be sure.
Thanks for your reply.

Back