You can type here any text you want

Stock D5 stall...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

justabuickv6

My car is pretty much stock as well as the stock D5. After a burnout at the track, on street tires, I can floor it and still hold the car without moving and no tire spin. (2.04 sixty foot on 245/50/16 BFG's) My Direct Scan shows 2500 rpm. What is the stock stall on a D5? Would I pick up anything by going to a restalled 3000 Orange Stripe?

Stall on a stock D5 is about 2400.With your near stock combo you prolly wouldn't gain much with a 3000 stall.

The Stock turbo should runaway spool before it gets to 2500 RPM. If not, your car is too rich or you have a preturbo exhaust leak.

At 2500 RPM, the stock turbo should want to rip the tires off.

Originally posted by justabuickv6
It will spin the tires on the street but not after a big burnout while I'm at the track.

Whether it spins the tires or not, at 2500 RPM it should be making 7-10 psi of boost and be wanting to spin the tires.

If not, it's likely too rich.

Originally posted by UNGN
Whether it spins the tires or not, at 2500 RPM it should be making 7-10 psi of boost and be wanting to spin the tires.

If not, it's likely too rich.

Both my cars hit 15psi with the stock turbo. While cruising the turbo spools at 2200rpm. From dead stop without loading the converter the turbo spools at 2400rpm.

Originally posted by justabuickv6
I tuned it to WOT. 1/4 pass O2's are 780's. How do I keep it from being too rich down low?

What is the fuel pressure set at? It shouldn't be more than 45 psi line off. If it is, it's too high.

Back