You can type here any text you want

Stock ECM upgrade?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i thought i was having a problem with my stock ecm, so i swapped it out with my buddys reworked ecm that is setup for 72's. i have 009's with 100 oct. race chip and alky,and wondering if i should leave the reworked ecm in?? i haven't noticed any problems. t/link numbers all look good. car runs 11.50 - 11.80's i ran this 72's ecm all last summer. thanks, ron turch

Interesting!

So, you're running high-impedance injectors with a low-impedance ECM...from your description, it sure doesn't appear to have hurt!

But, I pass this Q on to those more familiar with making magic dust with the factory ECM...any longer term effects from his combo?

:confused:

Originally posted by turch
i thought i was having a problem with my stock ecm, so i swapped it out with my buddys reworked ecm that is setup for 72's. i have 009's with 100 oct. race chip and alky,and wondering if i should leave the reworked ecm in?? i haven't noticed any problems. t/link numbers all look good. car runs 11.50 - 11.80's i ran this 72's ecm all last summer. thanks, ron turch

It'll be fine; I don't think the high impedance injectors will draw enough to even trigger the hold current. Sounds like you have a patient buddy!

kendall, thanks for the quick reply.... my buddy doesn't need his ecm anymore.... he has changed to speed pro..... ron turch

Back