You can type here any text you want

Stock elbow not sealing on TE-44

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hardway

I posted this under the TTA forum but have not received any responses and thought I would get input from the GN guys.

I have a TE-44 on my TTA running the stock elbow. I have read that some people encouter sealing issues with the stock elbow on these and I am one of those people I guess. Should I attempt to port mine or look in to an after market unit? Did Buick offer any other size elbows other than what is on my car now?

Are you talking turbo side or downpipe end?

Mine leaked at the downpipe end, but it was purely installation error on my part.

To be more specific is it the flapper inside the elbow that is not sealing. My stock elbow as a 3/4" flapper and I need to enlarge it to about 1". So now my new question is are there any companies that port and modify stock elbows?

To be more specific is it the flapper inside the elbow that is not sealing. My stock elbow as a 3/4" flapper and I need to enlarge it to about 1". So now my new question is are there any companies that port and modify stock elbows?

I had the same problem with the puck not sealing when I upgraded my turbo(with the stock elbow). I bought a 3" ATR downpipe to cure this problem, then I had problems with the wastegate arm sticking on this downpipe (common on ATR downpipes). I called RJC and ordered a stainless steel wastegate puck assembly and it fixed this problem. RJC sells larger puck assemblys if needed with the stock elbow, and also I think RJC sells a metal plate cover that goes over the exhaust side of the turbo housing designed for your problem of a "puck" that is too small in size to seal properly.

Thank you Turbojd. I will check out RJC and see what they can do for me. I will post up my results when I have some.

Back