You can type here any text you want

Stock HeadBolt Identification ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87chrisss

BLUBYU
Just wanted to ask maybe someone might know.. Ive had a few stock Turbo Buick's and i know the stock car's have headbolts stamped SpS which arre TTY.. I recently purchased an 86, but the car is for the most part stock but headbolts dont have the SpS stamped. They just have a white dot on the center.. i popped the valve cover off to see if maybe some had the SpS stamp but nothing.. Can Someone clarify this for me? Do all stock headbolt's come with the SpS stamp or do some not have anything? Ive seen the SpS bolts stamped on 86 and 87 car's that i have purchased, never seen blank ones with a white dot.. is this from factory? Any other way to id a stock/factory headbolt?

The marking actually is SPS not SFS.

Sent from my iPad using Turbo Buick

If i recall correctly purchased some headbolts from autoparts store with just white dots. When compared with marked old bolts no difference and never an issue.

Just wanted to ask maybe someone might know.. Ive had a few stock Turbo Buick's and i know the stock car's have headbolts stamped SpS which arre TTY.. I recently purchased an 86, but the car is for the most part stock but headbolts dont have the SpS stamped. They just have a white dot on the center.. i popped the valve cover off to see if maybe some had the SpS stamp but nothing.. Can Someone clarify this for me? Do all stock headbolt's come with the SpS stamp or do some not have anything? Ive seen the SpS bolts stamped on 86 and 87 car's that i have purchased, never seen blank ones with a white dot.. is this from factory? Any other way to id a stock/factory headbolt?

I have been tying to find out what the SPS22 stamped on the head of Buick Motot Sports Forged Rod bolts means for several weeks to no avail I think it might have something to do with the hardness spec on the bolt [the bolt was used in the areo business according to Steven Doves Buick book in the section on stage 1 & stage 2 parts. If you find out anything I would be interested. Thanks..John

Back