You can type here any text you want

Stock Hi Imp ECM ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

galoush

HWY2HELL
Hey everyone quick question , does the hi Imp mod on the stock ECM cause it to fail frequently ? Trying to track down a running problem . going to swap ECMs tommorow but wondering if anyone has any experiances . Im running a stock ECM with 72s and Maf trans and 3.5 sensor . Or is it time to look into something else . If so any recommendations . Thanks .

galoush said:
Hey everyone quick question , does the hi Imp mod on the stock ECM cause it to fail frequently ? Trying to track down a running problem . going to swap ECMs tommorow but wondering if anyone has any experiances . Im running a stock ECM with 72s and Maf trans and 3.5 sensor . Or is it time to look into something else . If so any recommendations . Thanks .

If you mean does the low Z hurt the life expentancy of an ecm, then the answer is *it depends*. There are several way to do the mod., with only one actually being the correct way. As far as I know the Bailey Eng ECMs are the only ones that do it correctly.

If you've managed to kill one of Bailey's ecms, then I'd say ship it to him, for an autopsy. I tried to kill on of his ecms, on my ecm bench a few years ago, and couldn't.

If you're running really high duty cycles, with the 72s, then it might be time to step up a size. As the DC goes up, the injector drivers have less time to cool of, so they can get hot enough to fail.

ITSAV6 said:
Red Armstrong does it properly too.

Just plugging in a larger MOSFET isn't doing it *properly*.
Peak and Hold injectors to be run properly need a driver that senses current, hence Peak, and Hold.

Back