You can type here any text you want

Stock injectors...size?? 84Gn

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

EyeTalk2Trees

Can some please tell me the size of the stock injectors on an 84 GN. I've been looking and find lots of sizes that are used with mods, but no where tell me exactly the stock size (mine). thanks

JoshZ

The stock injectors are 28pounders....but remember..they might not flow that well if they have several miles on them!

thanks, i'm sure mine are running alittle less than that...119k miles. THey are regular GM injectors right? what I'm getting at is my friend has a 86 z28 and he put some ford injectors on his, same part number and flowed the same, they just say ford of them, cost about half the price, could i use them?

thanks

Herb...with the mods in your sig, what times do you run? My mod list is just liek yours, except for the exhaust and the stall. just curious thanks

You might be able to use your Ford Injectors..might need a different chip..your best bet would be talking to a Chip/Injector Guru....

The best time I have run is 14.2 @ 97..that was with the stock turbo at about 18psi of boost..at the end of the track the car was knocking up, and the TPS was too high....

Plus now I think my injectors are starting to show their milage..I have 113K on them, and I can watch them lean out..with new injectors, and a decent amount of boost the car should run a low 13, or maybe surprise me with a high 12.....we will see this season.

If you can find the Ford bluetops from the Supercoupe they will work with the stock chip. Might have to lower the FP a couple #s but they will be fine. I've heard they aren't available from Ford anymore.

I BELEAVE THAY ARE 29.5 STOCK. A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY MANY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE 42.5 INJ. AND THAY CAN BE HAD FOR UNDER 300.$ AS FAR AS INJECTORS GO I WOULD BUY THEM NEW.YOU DONT WANT MESS UP YOUR ENGINE BECAUSE OF A BAD INJECTOR.AND GET A CHIP MADE FOR WHAT YOU HAVE..:D

Back