You can type here any text you want

Stock LC2 Flexplate: Imbalance amount and indexing question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbodave231

Our engines were originally balanced externally at the factory. The stock flexplate has a specific amount of imbalance at a certain location. Can anyone tell me how much was specified and where the imbalance is indexed?

If I can't find this info, I have a couple of stock flexplates that I will put on the balancer and measure.....but It would be nice to know what the factory did.

Why do I need to know? I built an engine run stand (previous thread) and I'd like to run the engine with a manual flywheel to add inertia. I will balance the flywheel neutral (internal) and then add a bolt-on weight (external) that duplicates the factory flexplate. With this setup I should be able to run an internal balanced or external balanced V6 with the same flywheel.

You can buy a manual flywheel with the bolt on weight Dave. Might cost you a little more but it would save you some headaches.:)

I already found a manual flywheel at the local swap meet. Not sure how it is balanced yet. I'll take it to work and throw it on the balancer. I suspect it is neutral balanced

Back