Stock rear shoulder belts.

OK,
I was on the phone with my belt manufacturer yesterday. What do you prefer...a 3 point shoulder with a retractor that can be placed on either side, and require drilling into the trunk floor, or a 4 point harness that will only require modifying the rear package tray area?
The 3 point system would still leave 1 lap belt in the middle position of the back seat.
The 4 point system would allow 3 harnesses to be bolted in.
I need feedback so I can continue engineering and design. Once I have a finished design...I can send it to my belt manufacturer and have them run tests to make sure it will meet Federal highway safety standards. I will not sell it if it will not meet code.

Lets get some feedback please.

Thank you
Coach

I think the 4 point would be popular with my back seat passengers while they are younger. However the 3 point is much more practical and will look more natural.

I vote 3 point shoulder belt.

I think the 4 point would be popular with my back seat passengers while they are younger. However the 3 point is much more practical and will look more natural.

I vote 3 point shoulder belt.
Like I said...the only drawback is the 3 point has to be on a retractor. Therefore it must be bolted onto the lower trunk shelf. Not a lot of guys want to drill into certain areas of the car. The 4 point system would only require drilling into the rear package tray area, which is completely unnoticeable.
Thank you for your reply.
Please...let's hear others.

I'd be interested in this as well. Would the 4 point design be easy to hide when not in use?

I'd be interested in this as well. Would the 4 point design be easy to hide when not in use?
NO. They would be able to be displayed very neatly vs the stock ones you need to push down into the seat crease.
The 1st design is going to be a retractable unit similar to the one in a post earlier in this thread. The 4 point is still under testing.

THESE WILL BE AVAILABLE VERY SOON GUYS.

Thank you all for being patient.
Coach

Hello Guys
I finally just got a completed kit for a 3 point rear seat shoulder belt with retractor.
Now I must fit it into the car and make the instructions to install. This installation must past the approval of the company that makes my belts for me. I will get this done as soon as I possibly can so we can start placing orders. I want these available by the Bowling Green event in SEPT.
I will post a complete install thread for this belt set up and now I am working on the design for a 4 point stationary mount harness.

Thank you all for being so patient.
Coach

I am definitely interested in them for my kids 7 and 11 years old... Looking forward to the next update. Thx!

Well sad to say but the first kit does not meet my quality standards by far. It does work, but it requires a lot of cutting and modifications. I try to design my products to be no mods or very little. I am going to my manufacturer and see if they want to design different brackets or if I must design them and have them made myself.
My front brackets are all my design which are the only ones on the market.
I'll keep you posted.

Loving the shit out of this development. Three kids ages 3/8/9 and two turbo regals, one of which takes kids to school more days than not. I think I'd prefer 4 point if it can go in all three places and less work to install.

Was concerned about how tall the kids could be before the shoulders were above the belt mounting, which they say is a no-no. But I had my 9 year old pose for me (and she's tall for her age) and it looks like quite a ways to go before that problem. Even after that point, I still wonder if it's safer than a lap belt only though?

I spent about $150 on a big car seat for my (then) 7 year old before the 16 power tour for this very reason. Still using it for the little one.
IMG_5296.JPG

Coach,

Will the front kits work on a bench seat car?
Yes and No.
A split bench seat has all 4 mounting points. A full bench seat only has 2. You can add the other 2 mounts. There are companies that make them and you must weld them in. It's not a bad job at all.
Let me know if you have a full bench or split.

Was concerned about how tall the kids could be before the shoulders were above the belt mounting, which they say is a no-no. But I had my 9 year old pose for me (and she's tall for her age) and it looks like quite a ways to go before that problem. Even after that point, I still wonder if it's safer than a lap belt only though?

I spent about $150 on a big car seat for my (then) 7 year old before the 16 power tour for this very reason. Still using it for the little one.
View attachment 308526
I would put an adult in the rear and mark the shoulder height. I would bet more then most will still require a booster to get the shoulders to a height where the belt is sitting correct.
I'm working on this because my 6 year old nephew loves to ride in my GN, so its important to me too.

Yes and No.
A split bench seat has all 4 mounting points. A full bench seat only has 2. You can add the other 2 mounts. There are companies that make them and you must weld them in. It's not a bad job at all.
Let me know if you have a full bench or split.

I have a 60/40 split bench, driver side is power.