You can type here any text you want

stock rods hp limit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
stock rods really take a beating .. Melissa's GN went 138 mph in a 3661# car .. you do the math.. Her motor (well MY old Mazda/Buick motor) has a lot of miles on it to... 15K anyway :cool:

The 2 Dot Turbo rods are very solid and with a bolt upgrade I would definitly say there safe to 500hp as long as you dont play saturday night "pin the tach" and buzz it all crazy.

What part NM you in?

:biggrin: A.j.

I made

619hp to rear wheels, stock rods, stock crank, 109 block, iron heads, stock intake, stock exhaust,

but, with main caps, roller cam,
and still running fine!:D

The stock rods WILL fail at 400hp. if you detonate the engine. K1 H-Beam rods can fail at 400hp with severe detonation. Stock rods with stock bolts will live at 700+ with no detonation. I have NEVER heard of a rod bolt failure. The rods WILL bend with detonation, long before they fail. THere are many guys running 130+ with stock rods and crank. If the money won't kill you, step up to forged, and have the best/strongest.

When you say good crank do you mean forged steel or stock?

619hp to rear wheels, stock rods, stock crank, 109 block, iron heads, stock intake, stock exhaust,

but, with main caps, roller cam,
and still running fine!:D

Yup, I wonder who that car use to belong too:wink: All I can say, it was a hand full even at 579whp, happy to hear it's still putting out:)

Ray

who built it?

some soldier of fortune, who did his home work, and assembled a killer combo!
rumor has it, that he is headed back to so cal, in the near future.
it'll be good to have another confirmed "Buick nut" back in so cal.:D
running? yea, but I'm so busy don't have much time lately,
hope to fix that soon too !

some soldier of fortune, who did his home work, and assembled a killer combo!
rumor has it, that he is headed back to so cal, in the near future.
it'll be good to have another confirmed "Buick nut" back in so cal.:D
running? yea, but I'm so busy don't have much time lately,
hope to fix that soon too !

LOL. I'll give all that credit to Nick Micale (ArizonaGN) for all his advice and wisdom. I just put it together, that's all I did:wink: Glad to hear she is still going strong! Did you break anymore transmissions with it?

Yes, I should be back at the end of the year. I received orders last week, I sure hope they don't get changed. Wife and kids are excited too, probably more than me to be honest. However, the weather is what make it doable.

You need to retire, relax and goooo racing. :smile:

no trans problems,

had donnie wang build mine, super trans!!!!!!!!

but now going with T400 from Diers,
and a 9in too,

Lonnie is the man and you def. can't beat the price! I have a stage 2 200R4 with a couple optional billet parts and could not be happier. I was going to do the T400 swap too, but decided I liked good gas milage more:wink:

Can't wait to see old Blue again, you still running the MaxEffort R? I love that set up.

The stock rods WILL fail at 400hp. if you detonate the engine. K1 H-Beam rods can fail at 400hp with severe detonation. Stock rods with stock bolts will live at 700+ with no detonation. I have NEVER heard of a rod bolt failure. The rods WILL bend with detonation, long before they fail. THere are many guys running 130+ with stock rods and crank. If the money won't kill you, step up to forged, and have the best/strongest.

Ken,
How much HP do you think that the Twins will stand up to?.........with 0 KR?

changes

went with a fast system, still have ME-R for the other cars,
did a frame notch, wolf style anti roll bar, ,removed more weight, -10 fuel lines, aeromotive pump & reg, sumped fuel tank, (tony DeQuick) roll bar, but soon to be caged, glass hood & bumpers, etc, etc, etc

went with a fast system, still have ME-R for the other cars,
did a frame notch, wolf style anti roll bar, ,removed more weight, -10 fuel lines, aeromotive pump & reg, sumped fuel tank, (tony DeQuick) roll bar, but soon to be caged, glass hood & bumpers, etc, etc, etc

Sounds like shooting straight for the 8's. Your motivating me, I might have to put mine on a diet:wink:

Back