You can type here any text you want

Stock Suspension 60 foot

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Razor

Forum tech Advisor
Staff member
Well on going research :)

Stock front struts, stock rear lower control arms, stock rear shocks, stock springs, has a random tech TQ arm. Stock TTA wheels. Rear tires are 6 year old 26x10 ET slicks. Guess they still work. :eek:

Removed front sway bar, installed one air bag in right rear. Air pressure to 20 PSI. 15 PSI T-brake..

1.441 60 foot

Developed a wiring issue after it pulled a nice wheelie.. ran as follows

Boost issues, timing issues.. nitrous not activating.. sucks.. :biggrin:

If I can get it all together.. should run a healthy number

Where's a good website that explains how a Trans brake works?

And also, what's a good tbrake for our cars?

I've always wondered about an air bag on THESE cars, I know the G-Bodys definetly need them, will it help my '60 on a (Mostly) stock car??? Best so far of only 1.774.

bags didn't do squat for my stocker ... only a high 11 car though :p

Car went 1.51 without an air bag, and front sway bar attached.. Previous owner had been 1.46 without any end links on the sway bars. I noticed it would squat really hard on the pass rear.. until I put 20 PSI into the bag. That leveled the rear off..yank the front tires.. etc..

Rides like total crap with air in the bag.. so its only a track thing.

You finally took it off! Thats why I always 60' better than most. Thought you were smarter! :eek: :D

See the crew in BG!

PS
Its F'n cold up here! :eek:

Ha BO are you planning on bring your car to BG!!!

let me KNOW!!

thanks JD ;) ;) ;) ;)

Jd

You bet! I am going to dyno my car here in town and trailer the TTA to BG. Those are the two goals I have for next year.

I'll call you later bro.

Merry Christmas!!

Bo

What do you have your pinion angle set at? My torque arm is a Edelbrock non adjustable unit, so I never even measured it. I would be curious to know what a good pinion angle is for our t-arm style rear suspensions.

If you decide to buy a new set of slicks you may want to look into the Mickey Thompson 28x9's for 15" rims. These are only 27.3" tall and they fit real nice.

Good job on the 60' but I imagine it will get better yet. Your 122 mph is way off from what you had been running. When you get what was holding you back squared away you will get your HP back and you may dip into the 1.3's.

Jason

Cal set the bar up back 5 years ago. I beleive it was -3.0 degrees. That was written on the bar.

Had a wiring issue on that run cuasing the computer to pull 2 degrees timing front start to finish. That 2 degree's clipped my cars wings. Previous runs were that day were in the 128 range.

Tommorrow night she goes on the Dyno for some nitrous tuning.. hopefully with a full bottle. Everbody around here is out.. Figured it would be best to play on a dyno first with the juice.

Thanks for the tip on the tires. My old 70 Camaro I ran a set of 28x9's on rally wheels.. they worked great. My problem is I want to keep the car stock appearing with the gold wheels. I dont care for any aftermarket wheel and the way it makes the TTA look. Just like the hood.. I like the nice flat OEM hood. Actually I have something up my sleeve on the front wheels.. i'll post when done.

Target is a 9.999 on pump gas and full weight.. see if its attainable. And keep the boost under 30. 800 to the wheels will get the job done. :D

Razor said:
Cal set the bar up back 5 years ago. I beleive it was -3.0 degrees. That was written on the bar.

Target is a 9.999 on pump gas and full weight.. see if its attainable. And keep the boost under 30. 800 to the wheels will get the job done. :D

We didnt call it the "Freighttrain" for nothing..

My problem is I want to keep the car stock appearing with the gold wheels.

Not sure of the exact year range but some base model v6 firebirds had some 15 x 7 wheels that look ALOT like our stockers. They're not identical but when you paint the middles gold and people will have to get down and eyeball them to tell they're different. I F'd mine up really bad when I painted them, so I have to redue that. With the 28x9's mounted on them they fit real nice. When I got mine I won an Ebay auction for like $50 for a set of four of these. I only wanted two so thats all I had the guy ship to me. A couple of bucks more for the shipping and I could have had another set of these...DOH!

I just checked ebay and these are like the ones I bought. heres a current Ebay auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/82-9...ewItemQQcategoryZ43955QQitemZ8025610297QQrdZ1

HTH: Jason

Back