stock TB to 62/65????

wyk3d

Car wiring sucks!
Will i see much of an increase from the stock TB to a JJ modified 62/65 TB and plenum?? Ill also be getting the Powerplate as well.

Dan

I'm doing the same

took a break for working on the car ,saw your thread i'm doing the same thing,forget the spacer they don't work with the power plate,iiii'm putting new injectors on at the same time:)

probably no power from the tb...maybe crisper throttle response...the power plate may allow you to run a bit more boost and that should add up to more power.

would it be worth the $100 to have it done or should i spend my money on other mods instead?

Dan

Like I said, throttle response may be better, I think it is. I have spent money on worse things. LOL (including an Accufab tb and a Hemco plenum :))

Jay does good work and it might be worth it to have a tb that the throttleblade shaft does not suck air. Jay does good work and that would be the only one I would consider after some experience.

Thanks for the kind words, Guys! Yes, the common responses I get are immediate improvements in throttle response and spool up, too. I have had some customers get back to me with data showing performance increases, but as with anything, they have been the subject of much debate. I will take an educated guess that most of the people with stock TBs running "fast" and that are the first to say that you don't "need" one, have already done what I consider important parts of the mods I do, which would be the matching and blending of the upper to the TB, and bellmouthing the TB.

The way I have put it before is this: why did you spend all that money on a 2.5" or 3" exhaust, when some people have gone VERY fast on 2.25" exhaust systems? So-and-so went 120 mph on a stock IC... why do you need a bigger/higher flowing one? Because you want to flow as much air as easily as you can with the combo you have... and know that a possible restriction is gone and will "grow" with your combo improvements. There is always someone who has run faster using less, but we aren't all so lucky!