You can type here any text you want

Stock to external mods

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thomas cory

Toms GN
Hey Guys,
I’ve been driving my bone stock 87’ GN for 10 years , the turbo failed so it started a bit of an upgrade. I was wondering how much power the car is making with adds: 58/58 Precision turbo, 6.1 TT chip , 60lbs injectors, 3” downpipe, Walbridge fuel pump, fuel regulator, hotwire kit, MAF translator, LT1 MAF, Bailey engineering coil pack and later on a torque converter but not sure yet. Any clues ? Feels like day and night .

320ish is my guess if everything is running right

So what are you trying to do with it ? What’s the purpose of your post guessing game ? Take it to a Dyno and find out

3810lbs @115, with my TE44. I did it on several HP and torque calculators, but different sites came with different numbers. Sorry OP.
Just curious
What is your actual hp?
And what was the calculators telling you it had?

Just curious
What is your actual hp?
And what was the calculators telling you it had?
With my previous build, mostly stock, the HP was estimated at around 387. This was 2009 when I ran the 11.88 at 115. The shop helping me tune, the owner told me to stay away from dyno's because it could cause a blown hg, break the transmission or blow out the rear end. So I stayed away from the dyno. The owner did say it would put out around 400rwhp.

With my previous build, mostly stock, the HP was estimated at around 387. This was 2009 when I ran the 11.88 at 115. The shop helping me tune, the owner told me to stay away from dyno's because it could cause a blown hg, break the transmission or blow out the rear end. So I stayed away from the dyno. The owner did say it would put out around 400rwhp.
Wow !!! Sounds amazing! I have no desire to beat my car on a dyno. I got my hands on a V-Box performance meter that seems accurate. I will run my car in a few week at the local track and see how it goes :) will update. Still setting off yellow on the Knock Sensor so there’s a few things going on. Any suggestions ? I would be grateful:)

How could a loaded dyno cause any of those issues ?

How could a loaded dyno cause any of those issues ?
I guess he'd seen several cars destroy engine and transmissions. Mine will be hitting the dyno when I get XFI. Dudes been around working on GNs since 1990, he was the winner of the TSM in 2002 beating Dick Kerney. He hasn't competed since.

Last edited:
I guess he'd seen several cars destroy engine and transmissions. Mine will be hitting the dyno when I get XFI. Dudes been around working on GNs since 1990, he was the winner of the TSM in 2002 beating Dick Kerney. He hasn't competed since.
Yeah I hear all kinds oh dyno stories, I’m not interested..... at least for the time being

Back