You can type here any text you want

Stock up on parts!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

Seems like GM is discontinuing some more parts for our cars ....

Coolant Temperature Override Switch Part# 3053190
Electronic Spark Control Module Part# 16051654 (knock sensor module)

I'm sure some of the GN/TTA parts vendors on the board have a few in stock so if you don't have spares already maybe you should call around, GM parts dealer could not get them (they checked this week) for me so got them elsewhere :biggrin:

My sensors and ESC module is still the original ones and I got 100.000+ miles on my TTA .... but if you don't have spare ones they probabrly die one of these day that's how I look at it.

For the temp sensor expect to pay around $30 +-$$$ from any vendor (Caspers still list them as well as Johns Performance).
The knock module I'm not sure think GM list it at around $80 or so, I paid $60 for mine yesterday.

Obsolete parts

.. if you want the ESC # 16051654 .. 25 are available & in stock as of today...at...
JENNINGS CHEVROLET, GLENVIEW,IL PH: 847-729-0820

Regards the Coolant sensor is concerned.. the following has them:
COURTESY CHEVROLET, SAN DIEGO,CA 800-336-1404 as of 30-SEP-05
BOB BAKER CHEVROLET, EL CAJON, CA 800-527-8833 as of 30-SEP-05
and for the guys on the east coast....

BOB MAGUIRE CHEV BORDENTOWN,NJ Ph 800-524-0096 Updated 01-OCT
SULLIVAN CHEVROLET ROSELLE PARK,NJ PH: 800-479-3228
Updated 27-SEP-05
And inbetween...
COLLECTORS AUTO SUPPLY.COM OROVILLE,WA Ph: 800-414-4462 updated 27-SEP-05 ... they have 25 of the things..

Hope that helps.

A bit O.T. its funny how some dealers use their stock system. Friday when I was in Boston I stopped and picked up a few parts from a friend at a Pontiac dealership, we did a search for the "old" fuel filter GF481 in the system and he printed off a list of dealers still showing the "old" part in stock. I stopped at a few of them and some of them had none AC Delco brands in stock listed under GF481 in the system, some had the new GF652 filter in the system and it showed up as the GF481 .... so in the end none of them actually had the GF481 even if they showed a number of them in the system but rather had none delco parts or the new replacement delco filter listed still as the GF481 ... I guess it makes it easier for them to serve the customers.

Thanks for the list Dave (ozpont), Jennings is a good place to deal with ... can you see the price at all in the system?

This is what I have:
ESC #16051654 GM LIST: $90.94
Temp #3053190 GM LIST: $41.75

prices etc

.... Jan.. that happens.. just depends on how good the Dealers inventory system is I guess...
.. Earlier last week I was after the 1989 Turbo (and here's another recently disc'd part to add to the MUST GET LIST) steering colomn cancelling switch.... the thing your trafficator arm goes into... (AC Delco # D6262... )
When its on a 88 or 89 with the optional radio control pad on the steering wheel..like every TTA that I recall.. this is a very specific unit.. it has amougst other things 4 electrical pins for the radio connection. Keep in mind too there are 3 different types of these switchs fitted to various 88 & 89 F bodies & they all look roughly the same at first)
Anyway...its gone disco too... recently... When checked there were two on a quick scan of US GM Dealer shelf stock.. I fax'd both and one replied with a costing at full tilt retail + but the other had run out.. their update was at the beginning of Sept & I was trying at the end...but at least we found ONE... You can see this specific part on www.acdelco.com ..lookup Parts Information.. then looking up the Product Images.. type in D6262. I've also found a repro since for half the money and am waiting on it to check for function/quality etc. (if anyone is interested)
To answer your question regards price.. the 3053190 WAS costing us US$13.84 & the ESC 16051644 @US$35.71.... but both are disco'd from stock now so thats really irrelevant. The cost at those premises is most likely just going to be GM full retail which is a bit above what you paid.. so IMO .. you still did good & you got some.

Thanks Dave, that is another part that will be useful to have as spare ... let us all know what the aftermarket one looks like (qiality, fit etc) when you get your hands on it.

Anyone else now of any parts to stock up on to keep the car going for the future?

More Discontinued parts

.. has GM got rocks in there head or what.. why disco a part that fits SO many vehicles...it just don't always make sense...

82-92 F Hood Hinge's # 14064293 & 14064294

Both Gone.
There is a few listed at various GM dealers around Nth America but again Collectors Warehouse had the inside scoop.

COLLECTORS AUTO SUPPLY.COM
OROVILLE,WA 800-414-4462

More Third Gen Fbd Parts Disco'd

All the hood vents & screens from 85-92 TA's.
# 10030570, 71
# 10030564, 65, 66,67,68,69

Not that these are such an issue as there's heaps of used ones at junk yards.

Back