You can type here any text you want

Stolen GN in South St. Louis Co

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boosted231

I posted this in the stolen car section but I thought I would post it here as well. My 87 GN was stolen today and I am very sad to say the least:(
The VIN # is 1G4GJ1175HP434023
If anyone runs across anything please let me know.
Thanks and God Bless
Kevin

That sucks bad. Any identifiable features of your car to look for. Hard to read the vin while your moving. I would imagine it's still in one piece. There shouldn't be a large market for stolen turbo parts around here. Hopefully just a joy ride.

Originally posted by daviss
......I would imagine it's still in one piece. There shouldn't be a large market for stolen turbo parts around here. Hopefully just a joy ride.........
Dont be so sure. Maybe if your real lucky.
There are plenty of TR parts moving around this area. My brother's white w/ blackout Ttype was stolen a few years ago. In ONE + day it was recovered by the police completely stripped. When I say completely I mean just about EVERYTHING. All that was left was a shell with wheels and rearend to roll it. Front clip gone, tail lights, doors, bumpers, engine/tranny, complete interior including dash..........
The engine was taken complete with wiring harness and computer. Police were not much help either unfortuneately. I dont think they really understood the value or rarity of these cars, and didnt care.
I see Regals driving around often with GN/TR body parts on them. If you have the eye and knowledge of these cars you can tell when the parts didnt originally come on the car even if painted to match. Often they are just primered or nothing done to them at all. I just know nine times out of ten the parts werent acquired legaly. Used to grit my teeth everytime I saw one knowing that my brother's car was basically a total loss and the parts were out there somewhere.

Good luck, hope you have a better outcome.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I live in South County too. Any special identifying things that makes your car stand apart from other GNs? Hell, I very rarely see them on the road, even in good weather, much less this time of year.

Well it pretty much looks stock. It has a pillar boost gauge on it. Stock wheels. The third brake light reads UD LOSE. Also the passenger t-top paint has faded in one spot so it looks like polished metal. Thanks

Sorry to hear!!! I will keep my eye out over this way in Southern Illinois. Good luck! Kent

I got my car back today I posted all the info in the stolen car section on the board. Thanks for your support.:)
Kevin

Congrats. Did the police help out? Do share the details so others might get lucky like you did.

Sorry about the damage youve found as well as the possible [so far] hidden damage to the car, but congrats none the less on [for the most part] getting the whole car back. Sounds like some amateurs, probably kids got a hold of it. MUCH better outcome than what we went through with my brother's car. I know your car is no longer perfect but at least most of it is still in tact so you have something to work with :)
Was wondering, did you have an alarm and/or take any other security measures? Gbody cars are very popular (especially in St.Louis) and if they arent secured its a good chance they will be sooner or later stolen. I take no shorts with securing my car(s). The more devices the better. On my TRs I have a quality full featured alarm, steering column guard (one that Kirban used to sell), and a club, plus maybe another thing or two ;) Where and how you park the car also helps (turning the wheels towards curb, which way car is faced, etc.). Things that can be done to make even a thief with a tow truck have trouble. If they are good and really want it they will get it. However you can make it a bit tougher and attempt to slow them down so they might decide to go on to other prey (time is their enemy).
FWIW I have been installing alarms on the side for sometime now (among other automotive work). I primarily deal with Crimestopper Security which makes very good warrantied products. Let me know if you need any help in this department.

Good luck, Justin

I had no security prevention on the car but I sure did learn my lesson the hard way. When I get it put back together I will probably be obsessed with anti theft devices. I think I will build an ejection seat so if the car is not started right they will be blown out the t-top:eek: .

Originally posted by boosted231
I had no security prevention on the car but I sure did learn my lesson the hard way. When I get it put back together I will probably be obsessed with anti theft devices. I think I will build an ejection seat so if the car is not started right they will be blown out the t-top:eek: .
;) :D :D :D

Back