You can type here any text you want

Stolen Limited-T - reward offered

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jam

My 1987 Regal Limited T was stolen last weekend (May 15-16) from the service lot at Svanda's Chevrolet in Mt. Vernon, IL. In the forlorn hope it may actually be found, here's the info:

87 Limited T
VIN: 1G4GM1170HP428430
Tag: HPT 488 TN
Black (very nice paint job)
Polished rims, wide 17" tires front & rear
Tinted windows sides and back
GNX type vents in front quarter panels both sides
Sunroof
Beautiful interior - new carpet, leather front/rear seats. FloFit sport buckets in front, custom center console upholstered in grey leather w/ "T" embossed in center.
Dakota Digital dash, add'l digital boost and outside temp gauges on dual "A" pillar pods.
Custom MTX stereo: MTX 5 channel amp and 3x10" sub box in rear trunk. MB Quart 6x9 speakers rear, 3" MBQ tweeters mounted on dash in front. Single Kenwood or Panasonic (can't recall right now) CD/head unit in dash.
Like all Limited T's, column shift and a "Limited T" emblem on dash around the glove box door.

And of course, about 30k in engine, trans, suspension, exhaust and brake mods. This car is VERY fast and handles like a dream. Everything upgraded - absolutely everything. Too numerous to detail here, but if anyone has any questions, lemme know and I'll dial it down.

My fantasy is that either the car is recovered or that the miserable thieving (&*%#$@ that stole it T-bones a telephone pole and leaves the world shy one good turbo Regal and one worthless bum.

I will pay $1,000 for any information that leads to the recovery of the car PRIOR to it being chopped and parted.

Thanks all,

Jam
tristate@tsdi.net

I know how you feel, my 87 Buick GN was stolen 2-1-04

5 mins. after I parked and locked it, they towed it ,because there
was no broken glass or grag marks. It was never found. Did you have full coverage on it? I did I had to show all papers where I had done upkeep on it, I got enough to pay cash for another car.
I still miss my GN, I bought it new. If you want to read my story

it's listed on the okbuicks stolen webshots.

I hope you get it back , because I know the heartake.

Two things I hate is a thieft and a lier.

peggy

That really sucks, I hope you get it back in one piece. I had an 84 T-type that was stolen and chopped. I got the frame, a wheel, and a door along with a few other parts back that the cops found in a field of a local park.

I think at this point it's probably gone for good. Apart from high mileage (because it was such a great car it was actually driven alot) it was perfect. Such effortless power... good thing I have insurance, but I'm pushing my insurance company to subrogate the claim to the dealer's insurance since it was in their care and on their lot at the time it was stolen. Of course, they deny any involvement. What a world.

In the meantime, I have comforted myself by driving my brother's '86 T-Type. He just finished the last piece of his buildup by adding an Art Carr transmission w/ 2800 tc. Almost the same as driving mine.

I wil look in NY area.Don't laugh when I lost mine it had 20,000
MI. put on the car with my plates.Then found it in the

Bronx NY. Any chrome along the bottom.Did you have the Limited Badges on it?

Will try as.Now own a white Limited and GN. Both 87's.

HTH'es.............................Rob:mad:

Thanks. Hope springs eternal.

It was jet black w/ faux GNX quarter panel vents up front, and it had "GNXtremes" decals in the backseat side windows. tinted windows too. Other than that, just nondescript, mean and all business, like a turbo regal is supposed to be!

Joe

Will Look

Will keep an eye open.Also will read parts paper.

Just incase........Stay well JAM...............ROb

Have people in Florida,also looking.

Hate when this happens....

Still reading and looking for any related parts or word on streets.

Let's hope for the best,
Regards,
Rob

Back