You can type here any text you want

Strange engine noise!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Camfreek

Thanks Rob!!!
I got a 84 T Type, pretty much stock. I was cruising it the other day and it started to dump smoke out the exhaust, I got it back to my shop and poped the hood and the turbo was glowing orange:eek: Well I pulled it in after it cooled down and I noticed a ticking noise but it always seem to have a slight tick here and there that would go away. Anyways I was messing with it today and I noticed all three plug wires on the drivers side were burned up at the spark plug end. I pulled the plugs on the drivers side and the look like the car was running rich?? I cleaned them and put new wires on it and fired it up and it makes a God awfull sqeaking and sqealling sound, so I took off all the belts for the acc. and ran it again and the same thing? I reached over gave it a little gas to see if it would get loader when the engine reved up and the motor stopped and not it won't even turn over when I hit the key:eek: So now my motor is locked up and I still have no clue what the heck that sqeaking noise is:mad: Anyone ever had something like that before:confused:

Probably a rod bearing spinning and then locked up just a hunch.Heard that sound once,will never for get it.

Not a good thing to hear!!!

That is the strangest noise I have ever heard come from a motor. I have blow up a lot of them and never had one sqeal!!! Any ways the wierd thing is I always change the oil and the car had 30 psi of oil 2 seconds before that happen:confused: I was planning on going thru the motor but that was goin to be in the winter so I could have a better setup next year, but nothing ever works how you plan it;)

I found something.....

I really don't know if this will be the sorce of my problems but I found something today. I was pulling the radiator and the fan out getting ready to pull the motor out and I looked down at the fuel filter and it was wet. Well I wiped my hand across it and smelled it and sure enough it is gas, my filter is leaking. I am thinking it cuased a lean condition in my motor:eek: I know my oil presure is good and the cooling system is fine and outta no where the motor took a crap:frown: Anyone think that could be a big part of my problem?????

glowing turbo

Could it be that the turbo was not getting any oil along with some rods or mains.

Thats the problem!!!

I know 200% sure with out a doubt the oil presure is good and I do know for a fact that the oil is getting to the turbo. I took the oil feed line off at the turbo and fired it up and it made a nice oily mess for me to clean up:p It kinda pisses me off cause the car was running perfect and never had a problem and outta nowhere it did this. I know I have to pullt the motor out and go from there, but I was not to worried cause I have another engine that was rebuilt:rolleyes: Well i looked into that and yeah right it was rebuilt it has three different pistons in it:mad: Boy is my luck going down hill fast:cool:

Back