You can type here any text you want

Strength of II

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Bill_Ritter

Plays with Fire
Im sure this question has been asked before. How much stronger is the 3.8 Stage II engine than the original 3.8 in my 87GN? Will the heads interchange on the two of them??? I am asking this because i have an opportunity to get a fully rebuilt stage II motor for $400 with ported heads and all! The guy needs money REAL bad...

one of my dads close friends has an engine rebuilding shop and he is going out of business. He is in debt too much and is selling EVERYTHING to try to break even. My dad bought a fully rebuilt 427 with aluminum heads/manifold and Holley carb from him for $550. The deals were rediculous. the only engines he has left now though are V6's (one stage II) and tons of 4 cylinders.

It sucks you don't need it!!!!!!! Now tell me the guys phone # please:)

86Brick, lol sorry man I just bought it for myself. I was suprised at all of the emails I recieved from guys wanting to buy it off of me, But sorry guys Im keeping it for myself:p Thanks for the replies though.
-Bill

There is no way you got a stage II motor, the guy lied to you, look on the side of the block and if you see the turbo 6 symbol it is just a stock block, the stage II motors dont have a turbo 6 on them as they were not meant for turbo buicks, but i am in need of a stock block, so let me know if it has that power 6 on the side and i will take it off of your hands, sorry about that, you just can't trust some people. :D :D :D :D :D

OOPS, I am a dork and missed the sarcasm of Luz's post. Whip me with some plug wires and I will go back under a rock!

No problem, i was expecting that someone would be watching out for this guy to make sure someone doesn't try to really rip him off, that is what i love about this board, everyone(almost) watches out for everyone else. It was definately a joke though, that is really awesome that he lucked out like that, i wish i could have that kind of luck, anyhow, i would like to thank you for this good deed you have done, seriously.

I know a guy that got an eight crossbolt main capped block , with needle bearing cam bearings , bronze lifter bores, 4.017 bores, the strongest stage block produced, ...it just needed a little sleeve repairing , he got it for nothing ,zip, oo.00 dollars...and he has now gone as fast as 9.59 at 140 mph, and 775 rwhp on the dyno, the guy lives in south fl.

JEFF ,aka..never got paid for it

Back