You can type here any text you want

stroker kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Quip, i understand your pain.... its much easier to come up with 25-2600 than the 52-5500.... i would "build a stroker" in a second for the 2600.... its a little harder to explain to the wifey and justify over 5gs though:redface::D

yes thank for the understanding!! i could manage it but it would take me all summer to work extra hours to get this done. also it is hard to pay $800 a month for child support:eek: and believe me weber is very understanding too they said to take my time for it if i wish. they have been nothing but fair from the beginning and i would never hessitate to use them again or refer them to others. when i brought my pos motor there they showed me things wrong that i would have never seen or an other non buick machine shop would see.

I would just wait on the motor and save money until you can afford the stroker.

Is it me or does the shop seem like they're screwing this guy? A little more for this, call back, now its more for this..

I have done several stroker kits for guys on the west coast. Most of the kits I purchased from Mike. We had one of the cars dynoed and it had ported iron heads, roller hydraulic cam, the stroker kit, two steel main caps and a 6776 BB turbo. Out of the box with 12lbs of boost, regular gas, closed exhaust and alcohol it gave 404hp to the rear wheels(when we opened the exhaust on this same setup we picked up 90hp and about 3 lbs of boost).
With the exhaust open, C16 and 24 lbs of boost we got 606hp and 677 torque to the rear wheels. It is one of my favorite projects to date. What a street car.
I did not have to clearance to block except for a little work around the oil pickup. From what I remember (this build was 3 years ago) the rods needed to be clearance for the cam we were using.
Jeff

Is it me or does the shop seem like they're screwing this guy? A little more for this, call back, now its more for this..

No, I don't think they are screwing him. He was quoted for a basic re-build at first, and then he decided to bump the combo up just like I did. When he bumped up I'm sure he was quoted for the purchase of the stroker kit, new fly wheel and balancer then the labor that comes with adding the new stroker crank on top of that. I just went through the same ordeal. I hope he gets it. :cool:

I have done several stroker kits for guys on the west coast. Most of the kits I purchased from Mike. We had one of the cars dynoed and it had ported iron heads, roller hydraulic cam, the stroker kit, two steel main caps and a 6776 BB turbo. Out of the box with 12lbs of boost, regular gas, closed exhaust and alcohol it gave 404hp to the rear wheels(when we opened the exhaust on this same setup we picked up 90hp and about 3 lbs of boost).
With the exhaust open, C16 and 24 lbs of boost we got 606hp and 677 torque to the rear wheels. It is one of my favorite projects to date. What a street car.
I did not have to clearance to block except for a little work around the oil pickup. From what I remember (this build was 3 years ago) the rods needed to be clearance for the cam we were using.
Jeff

I hope mine put out some numbers like that.:biggrin:

Cool, that's good to know. I hope he gets the kit, nothing like regret when you could of paid some more up front for a better package.

Cool, that's good to know. I hope he gets the kit, nothing like regret when you could of paid some more up front for a better package.

That was the boat I was in at first. The guys told me to do it right the first time and then I would not regret it later saying I wish I could and would have done it.

That was the boat I was in at first. The guys told me to do it right the first time and then I would not regret it later saying I wish I could and would have done it.

My thoughts exactly. I wanted to build this only once!
My stroker cost me 6100.00 including cam, lifters, double valve springs, push rods, front cover, oil pump, stroker kit, girdle, SFI balancer and flexplate. I sent my heads and intake to Bobby to have them checked, he shaved the heads .030 to increase compression, and drilled and tapped the back of the intake for the IAT and a couple of vacuum ports. He bolted the heads and intake on and adjusted the rockers before shipping it to me.
I haven't gotten a full dyno run yet but it laid down 497 hp at 56% throttle at 19-20psi on pump gas. I am hoping it will lay down close to 700 hp or better when dialed in.

Bryan

My thoughts exactly. I wanted to build this only once!
My stroker cost me 6100.00 including cam, lifters, double valve springs, push rods, front cover, oil pump, stroker kit, girdle, SFI balancer and flexplate. I sent my heads and intake to Bobby to have them checked, he shaved the heads .030 to increase compression, and drilled and tapped the back of the intake for the IAT and a couple of vacuum ports. He bolted the heads and intake on and adjusted the rockers before shipping it to me.
I haven't gotten a full dyno run yet but it laid down 497 hp at 56% throttle at 19-20psi on pump gas. I am hoping it will lay down close to 700 hp or better when dialed in.

Bryan
thats alot cheaper than mine. mine was just a short block. i already purchased the heads intake and cam. also i still have to purchase a front cover which is 400 bucks. all said and done i need a double pumper, injectors and a 6.0 chip. thats another 900 bucks. WHEN DOES IT END!!!. I may just go witht he forged standard stroke.

No, I don't think they are screwing him. He was quoted for a basic re-build at first, and then he decided to bump the combo up just like I did. When he bumped up I'm sure he was quoted for the purchase of the stroker kit, new fly wheel and balancer then the labor that comes with adding the new stroker crank on top of that. I just went through the same ordeal. I hope he gets it. :cool:
this is exactly what happened. i cant make up my mind:confused:

thats alot cheaper than mine. mine was just a short block. i already purchased the heads intake and cam. also i still have to purchase a front cover which is 400 bucks. all said and done i need a double pumper, injectors and a 6.0 chip. thats another 900 bucks. WHEN DOES IT END!!!. I may just go witht he forged standard stroke.

Actually it was $6700.00 not $6100.00
I already had the Champion Aluminum heads with Scorpion rockers that I sent to him to be checked. The stroker kit with girdle, crank, SFI balancer and flexplate, .020 over Diamond pistons, K1 H beam rods I purchased from Cotton and is included in the price I stated. I purchased the Morel lifters from TA and had them sent to Bobby and is included in the price. Bobby supplied the cam and springs, push rods, oil pump and cover, timing chain, rod-main-and cam bearings and Cometic head gaskets.He also did a valve job on my heads. My total bill from RPE was $4600.00.

$400.00 for a front cover sounds seriously high. Find a good used one and have it set up right.
Yes it is expensive to build a motor right but if you have to do it twice due to lack of money you will regret it. Check the parts for sale forum, there was a stroker crank for sale a few days ago. Look for used injectors and a chip, what size injectors do you need? I have 72's that are a little small for my car and will be changing them soon( they have less than 200 miles on them). Double pumper is going to set you back $550.00. As far as " when does it end?", I don't really have an answer for that because mine hasn't ended. My car has been driven less than 200 miles since I bought it 3 years ago Memorial weekend and I just blew the new tranny a couple weeks ago. :biggrin:
My guess is that it NEVER ends. Good luck with it.

Bryan

Actually it was $6700.00 not $6100.00
I already had the Champion Aluminum heads with Scorpion rockers that I sent to him to be checked. The stroker kit with girdle, crank, SFI balancer and flexplate, .020 over Diamond pistons, K1 H beam rods I purchased from Cotton and is included in the price I stated. I purchased the Morel lifters from TA and had them sent to Bobby and is included in the price. Bobby supplied the cam and springs, push rods, oil pump and cover, timing chain, rod-main-and cam bearings and Cometic head gaskets.He also did a valve job on my heads. My total bill from RPE was $4600.00.

$400.00 for a front cover sounds seriously high. Find a good used one and have it set up right.
Yes it is expensive to build a motor right but if you have to do it twice due to lack of money you will regret it. Check the parts for sale forum, there was a stroker crank for sale a few days ago. Look for used injectors and a chip, what size injectors do you need? I have 72's that are a little small for my car and will be changing them soon( they have less than 200 miles on them). Double pumper is going to set you back $550.00. As far as " when does it end?", I don't really have an answer for that because mine hasn't ended. My car has been driven less than 200 miles since I bought it 3 years ago Memorial weekend and I just blew the new tranny a couple weeks ago. :biggrin:
My guess is that it NEVER ends. Good luck with it.

Bryan

wow good luck on your tranny. as far as the front cover it is a blueprinted ported cover

guys well i gave the go ahead for a standard stroke forged rotating assembly. it will be eagle crank, k1 rods and diamond pistons

well bit the bullet and opted for a stroker motor!!!! should be done next week!!!:biggrin: CANT WAIT. thanks for the help guys

thanks i hope it runs better to with the roller cam and ported heads and intake

Thats all the average guy needs. Strokers are nice but not needed for a weekend warrior that goes to the track a few times a year. Tuning is much more important!!

Back